S&S Nikon TTL controller and Inon Z-240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop where I bought all my stuff from, agreed to let me try the converter before I buy it (and even I decide not to!). When they receive it I will try it and tell you how it is.
In the meanwhile I just opened my D300 box... very impressed! It's another shooting planet!

alex

soo, which lenses did you get Alex...:eyebrow: bring it along to the next dive club meet... :wink:

Hi,

I finally received all the goodies. I've just finished to test them and I confirm that the S&S TTL controller works fine with the Inon Strobes.

Set up:
Nikon D300
300 micro lens f/2.8
S&S housing
TTL converter III connected to the housing controller port
2x Inon Z-240

I tested it in this way (previous posts have already reported this test):

1. controller in TTL mode:
-1/60 (f. 8-11-14-18-22-29-32)
-1/125 (f. same than above)
-1/250 (f.same tan above)
Result: all the exposures were good and all the histograms balanced (some slightly more, some slightly less). The tendency is to slightly underexposed than overespose.

2. controller in manual mode
-1/60 (f.8-32)... all over exposed ++++
-1/125 (same than above)... f.8 overexposed ++++, f. 32 fine
-1/250 (same than above)... f. 8 overexposed ++++, f. 32 overexposed ++

alex

I'm using sea&sea D80 housing with dual z-240 and ttl convertor III I have a problem in setting up of z-240. I don't which mode should I use in z-240. Please advice.

Back
Top Bottom