S2000 or D2000 choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thomas,
I must admit I havent as yet cut the strobe mask for the Pana, as its going to be a bit of a pain when the mount is attached (you have to remove the diffuser) and the case isnt smooth, as it has a port for a fibre optic which the sea and sea cable doesnt fit. Im thinking of either filing down the diffuser so that it fits when the mount is attached, then adding the fiber optic mount to the front of the diffuser. It wont look great but better than black tape all over the housing.
Attached some pics of the setup as i have it at the minute with the macro lens on.
Will let you know how it goes in Sharm in less than a month
Moose

Attachments

• DSCF7343.JPG
    DSCF7343.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF7344.JPG
    DSCF7344.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 148
Hey Moose,
I see what you mean about the fibre optic cable being a bit of a pain, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go chopping things off and filing things down though! I'm sure you'll do good job though, let me know how it goes. I think I may have to go for the Inon system which fits into the panasonic housings pretty effortlessly.
Looks like the lens adapter fit sin pretty well too, I think the ULCS arm and tray is the way to go, it look like a pretty comfy and versatile handle to me.

look forward to hearing from you after you're trip and take at look at your macro shots!

Thanks for the help,

Thomas

Hi Moose,

Have you considered the Inon W35 fiber-optic cap for the Panasonic housing? It is supposed to attach to the bracket that is under the diffuser.

I also have the TZ10/ZS7 with the Panasonic housing and am about to buy a YS-01. I will probably not get the S&S cable (refuse to pay ~$80), but will get a cheaper one (toslink, 10Bar, Fantasea, or generic) and adapt the end(s). The W35 looks like a good solution (better than tape and/or velcro) and I wonder how it works, especially with an adapted cable.

Unfortunately I have already bought the Sea and Sea fibre, and the Inon W35 is £90. Ill adapt something to attach to the port like the sea and sea cable. Going to have to get my thinking cap on and find a way of attaching the cable to the bracket. Will keep you updated.
Moose

The Inon W35 cable-holder with spare parts is advertised at $30 (Reef Photo) in the US.

I was wondering if it would work on the housing end of any FO cable (even S&S) that is attached by velcro or tape.

Didnt notice you could get spare connectors, but running out of time to get it ordered before going away in a couple of weeks. May need to get creative and build something similar
Moose

i asked the same question on whether to buy s2000 or d2000.
when i register for scubaboard, this is the 1st thread i click,
and clearly my question have been answered.

thanx guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom