S550 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oleras once bubbled...
hi there, i am new to diving and just bought my first reg..mk25 first stage,plus S550 second and S550 octo.....only thing, cant really tell the difference between the second and the octo.SP catalogue says all octos are bright yellow, mine aint....i think the octo is a light grey, all plastic and the second is a dark grey with a stainless "S" in the middle....would appreciate if a dealer or someone with more knowledge could clear it up for me....thanks.

The all plastic one that is light gray is the old S550. Mid-season they changed the way it looks to have the stainless steel "S" and the dark gray face.

I'll have to ask our Scubapro rep what the deal is. The newer S550 I actually saw last year when I was in the UK.

the one on the right. I just bought it in February from an LDS, which ordered it, so I think it is a newer model, I hope.

Juls64 once bubbled...
the one on the right. I just bought it in February from an LDS, which ordered it, so I think it is a newer model, I hope.

The one on the left is the newer style. However I did not see them until around May or so. They are the exact same reg just with a different face plate.

so are they both second stages ? the dive shop make a mistake ?....anyone wanna buy an s550 second stage ? lol...thanks for all the help folks..............appreciate it !!!

oleras once bubbled...
so are they both second stages ? the dive shop make a mistake ?....anyone wanna buy an s550 second stage ? lol...thanks for all the help folks..............appreciate it !!!

Of course they are both second stages LOL. You just have two of the same, high performance, reg. I would keep both if I were you. Why downgrade?

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...

The one on the left is the newer style. However I did not see them until around May or so. They are the exact same reg just with a different face plate.

Souds right. I just bought one yesterday and it looks like the one on the left. . .darker cover. Just a cosmetic change they made for some reason.

JPC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom