S95 + Fix recsea housing + extra lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fab, the build quality of the RecSea is amazing, there is a short review here

I tried your link and got this:
Site off-line
The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

The mysql error was: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2).

:depressed:

Sorry, our hosting company had some issues the other day. Everything should be resolved now.

Scott

Sorry, our hosting company had some issues the other day. Everything should be resolved now.

Scott

It works now. The site/server must have been down during the one hour or so when I tried earlier.

Sadly, work awaits right now, but I can't wait to read it tonight.

:coffee:

Many thanks for the review.

1. It's too bad the storm prevented you from taking it underwater. Really looking forward to see some samples from below.

2. I particularly enjoyed the comparison with FIX S90 -- good to know there are multiple areas of improvement. However, one of the criticisms I remember reading about the FIX S90 was that the cold-shoe was dead-centre, so putting something there (e.g. a focus light) can block access to the 2 buttons (Power and Ring Function). I am not sure if that was the reason for FIX to move the cold-shoe to the left in the new FIX S95. Can you clarify whether the RecSea S95 is just like the old FIX S90 in this regard?

Thanks again.

:D

I have the RecSea S95 housing and used it last month diving Little Cayman. I mounted a Epoque Flex-Shoe on the cold shoe and had no trouble with the on/off button or ring function button. I used my INON D2000 and two INON LE-550W lights on the cold shoe for a nice compact unit, although I also dove with a regular tray/arm setup. My UFL-165AD was a little too far with the AD adaptor I was using, but with the new Dyron/10bar combo it should be near perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom