S95 in Manual Mode with TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what concerns aaaaryin and the G12 I wonder if the overexposure is an issue with the clear canon housing and not blackening the flash more than a TTL issue

I figured it out at last ! haha:cool2: .. the issue was with my optical fibre's connections on the camera housing.

This is what i'm using :

http://www.oceanleisurecameras.com/...5d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/0/10bar_inon_cable.jpg

The transparent plastic pads(with 3M stickers) are to be stuck on your housing, which will form a removable connections with the fibre's white pad end.

But then the problem stems right here ! Since these pads are with some transparency, the strobe's own beam may shine on the pads and act as the trigger. End up the strobes will fire a full dump because:

1st/the camera's pre-flash started the strobe
2nd/the strobe's own beam keep feeding back to the fibre(picked up from the transparent pads) and the strobe fooled by the beam and keep firing until full dump (with the strobe still believing that this long long signal is the pre-flash of my G12)

I'll be looking for some work around for this problem and maybe some duct tapes on the right places will do.

I've been using the original script in this tread for the Canon G10 for about 8 months now and am glad I bumped into this thead. The tweaks made to the original script are awsome and much appreciated. It is great to have TTL wokring with my Sea and Sea 110A, but as mentioned above it is not always wanted.

Hi Dan4307
This is the link to the latest
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ol526u1pb4yqnlw/ttlonoff.bas
In the latest version there is a check on the dial mode (warning you need to make sure the value works for the G10 in order to do that you can use the command print) so that if you are in a mode that already supports TTL such as P, Tv, Av the scripts doesn't even kick in and essentially only runs when you are in manual. Once you are there the script can be set to autorun or enabled disable with alt+shutter
I've been using the original script in this tread for the Canon G10 for about 8 months now and am glad I bumped into this thead. The tweaks made to the original script are awsome and much appreciated. It is great to have TTL wokring with my Sea and Sea 110A, but as mentioned above it is not always wanted.

I did a test drive of the script find attached the results all shots in Manual Mode

There are deliberately a set of shutter speed and exposures (even those I would not use) just to stress the set up

Note how well DSTTL copes even with macro at F5.6 without clipping

CFWA F5.6 1/125 ISO 80 DS-TTL
20120602-IMG_1940.jpg

Macro Shot F8 1/400 ISO 80 DS-TTL
20120602-IMG_1913.jpg

CFWA F5.6 1/80 ISO 100 DS-TTL
20120602-IMG_1876.jpg

CFWA Reef Scene F5.6 1/125 ISO 100 DS-TTL
20120602-IMG_1863.jpg

Macro Slug F5.6 1/250 ISO 100 DS-TTL
20120602-IMG_1847.jpg

Shot with S95 in Recsea housing v2 Inon UFL165 Inon UCL165

Great shots....

Will this script work with the S100?

The S100 is based on DIGIC V processor whilst the S95,S90 and G series are based on DIGIC IV

The script reads some 'properties' of the camera in order to determine what to do and then writes some other to change the camera behaviour

I don't have an S100 at hand so I can't test. The easiest thing is to load CHDK and try it, if the properties are wrong the script will not work but no damage will be done

I have looked on CHDK and there is no documentation of the property case value

If someone lends me an S100 I can easily adapt and test the script as I know how to debug it

Thanks...will wait to see if anyone scribes a script. Really interested in an S100 in FIX...but no ttl in M really bugs me as I have had great experience with ttl with my Oly setups

I have just been informed by someone that the script does not work with the S100
This is likely due to the different processor DIGIC V, so I would need to put my hand on an S100 to test it out
Meanwhile if you use CHDK on the S100 my suggestion is to use Tv mode and override the aperture to effectively have manual mode and TTL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom