S95 White Balance - Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogface79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

Any help is appreciated...since I leave tomorrow for my trip!

I understand that you should custom WB at the start of every clip. However, my question is....what is the procedure for doing this? It is my understanding that you set the camera (in my case S95) to Auto WB. Then zoom in (I have a WA lens) to a white slate. How long do you hold it there? I assume the camera should only see white...if it sees blue will there be a problem?

Set the shortcut button to custom white balance, then when you jump in, just point the camera at the slate (or the palm of your hand, or better, a grey slate) and press this shortcut button once. Done. If it's on AWB, it gets changed to custom wb when you press it. This is the killer feature of the Canon P&S cameras, one-click custom wb.
Do this every few metres depth change... But use underwater wb for shooting upwards otherwise it'll go pink.

Thank you!!!

---------- Post added ----------

Last minute follow up question.......should I be WB ing while using a sola 800 video light with a WA lens?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom