Saba trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saba has been on out list for some time, so thanks for the detailed report. But any comments on the reef condition & wildlife? Any pictures to share?

My wife and I are going to St Maarten for 10 days at Memorial Day and were thinking about taking the ferry to Saba for a two tank dive. Does the ferry get you there early enough to go out on the boat that morning and do you need to make advance arrangements?

The ferry leaves around 9:00 am and it's about two hours to cross. I did not take the Edge ferry back to St Maarten due to airfare connections.

What I would do is the following:

Take the Edge Ferry over - have Sea Saba pick you up and take you to the cottage club or one of the affiliated lodging choices on the Windward side - check in for one night - have a quick lunch - do the one tank afternoon dive - spend the night - do the two tank morning dive and take the afternoon ferry back to St Maarten.

Just my 2cents.

The flights are often not that expensive (I believe I paid around
$150 r/t last year) and more convenient; and the Saba runway is a lot of fun.
Even if you don't use them, Seasaba has a lot of good information
on their website.

I have used Seasaba twice, found them very good, but the other
companies also look quite professional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom