Sabang lodging alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenut1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recently, I traveled to Sabang for 10 days in late February 2018 and instead of staying at a local resort I decided to check out options with AirBnb. Since most of the dive shops are independent of the resorts, except for Atlantis, I didn't see the absolute need to stay in a resort like setting. Having looked into Airbnb for Sabang/Puerto Galera I was pleasantly surprised at the number of options available to rent. Yes, some of the places are just rooms and (some not up to my standard) but others are a studio apartment or an entire house and extremely nice and convenient to town and many of the dive shops. Below is some information to the place I stayed in late Feb 2018. I am planning to stay there again on my trip beginning in July but in another studio/same location owned by the same individual.

Feb trip 2018
I stayed at this great place link is attached in Sabang a 1 minute walk to small la laguna beach. If your familiar with this section of Sabang it is mid way between El Galion and the Red Sun hotel. I used Action Divers as my dive operator (2 min walk) and for the second year with them I was very happy. I hope the link to airbnb I attached works but if it doesn't look for "quiet and secluded studio #1 in small la laguna". The owner is American and a great guy - Dwight. I stayed 8 nights and the rate was 43/night and it was great to have the space and a big fridge for whatever and the building tucked away for some privacy and very safe. You can book about 6 months in advance so you might want to check it out for a future trip

Quiet & secluded studio #1 in Small La Laguna - Guesthouses for Rent in Puerto Galera, MIMAROPA, Philippines

Upcoming July 2018 trip
I wanted to stay in the same place as in Feb but it was already booked but Dwight's other place was open and I jumped on it right away. This place is a few steps up the complex grounds above studio #1 and actually is an apartment in the lower level of Dwight's house. The place description in case the link below does not work is "quiet and secluded studio #2 in small la laguna" Again the rate is great for a place to relax. I should mention there is a pool for your use and is on the property a few steps from either studio.

Quiet and secluded studio #2 in Small La Laguna - Guest suites for Rent in Puerto Galera, MIMAROPA, Philippines

Whether you consider these or others there are a lot of alternatives to the resorts that give you more space for a lot less money. Eating out is quite inexpensive in Sabang so except for my morning coffee I ate out most meals. Last year March 2017 I stayed at one of the nicest resorts in Sabang (not Atlantis) and paid 900 USD for 7 nights plus my diving and meal costs...the Feb 2018 trip was 900 USD for my diving, airbnb rental and 50% of my food and beer bill.

Happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom