Sabor and Wyndham Reef Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petermichelle

Sporadic Member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My head is spinning! I've read so many conflicting reviews that I can't figure out whether to run from this package or jump in! Some love it, some say its the worst ever. We are not fussy travelers and quite accustomed to 3 star but like some choice in food. The diving is most important of course. We stayed at Allegro in Coz 18 months ago and that was just fine. Any guidance SB?

Petermichelle,

If you are an upbeat positive person (sounds like you are) you will have a great time where ever you go, I'll be there Nov 1-11 and let you know. Staying at Wyndham diving with Sand dollar. I have dove with sand dollar before.

Steve

Thanks Steve -- sounds like you don't think we should worry but I'll be interested in your report when you're back. I will probably have already confirmed by then but that's ok.

You're right -- we are not counted amongst the reviewers who go to the tropics and are surprised to find humid rooms and the occassional bug.

I took the whole family to Cozumel last January so I could do my first open water dives. The Reef Club is basically okay, how much you like it depends on a lot of things. We have two small kids (4 & 6), so the big resort thing was kind of nice (nice pool, easy beach access, water activities, kid's club [though we didn't use it]).

It's a large resort - my wife and I joked that it's kind of like a cruise ship on land. Lots of people. Food was okay, especially at the restaurants that require reservations (easy to do, just need to do it in advance). The rooms are fine - a little small, but we were right on the beach which we loved. If you're the kind of traveler that only likes the small, undiscovered, untouristy 'real Mexico' kind of places it's probably not for you, but if you're just looking for a fairly inexpensive place to relax and dive it's pretty good.

I dove with Blue Angel and would recommend them. They were able to pick me up at one of the hotel's docks (not the Sand Dollar one) and drop me off right back after diving. Easy to get lazy with a setup like that! Blue Angel is a fairly small setup - no more than 6 or 8 to a boat; divemaster kept an eye on everyone, but mostly let you dive your own profile.

Have a great trip!

-Neil

Back
Top Bottom