Sad News for Friends of Brian Howard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup - he absolutely raved about it and had to do it on each trip back to Maui afterwards.

I'm guessing he sent a lot of referrals to the MOC as a result of his great dives there.

hey C..
remember the dive trips when WC was helping teach you how to dock your boat..
he was very knowledgeable..

and then after.. we were all at the shack.. admiring attributes of a certain waitress :eyebrow:

C >> :no:

was hoping for a reunion dive with the whole SB gang.. :shakehead:

admiring attributes of a certain waitress

yea you guys were pure joy.

He said that I needed one Bud Light to dock.

he was very patient....

He always made time to help me with the boat when JB was gone

Somebody should tell Snowbear, I think they knew each other from Alaska, paramedics together, I think

I received an email from Brian's mom and it contains one important detail about his murder that wasn't mentioned in the reports, thought I'd share. To those that knew Brian - this should not be a surprise....

He was trying to save the life of a 13-year old girl whose mother was threatening to kill her. The mother shot Brian and then killed herself. The child is physically unhurt, but emotionally traumatized.

:depressed: Thanks for sharing, Lisa. That seems so in character of him. Even tho I never met him, I enjoyed his posts here. Take care and thanks again. Maggi

I am shocked...and saddened. I hope he's in scuba heaven, with fair seas and a following wind.

Brian was always supportive and one of the few who would go out-of-their way to always recommend us to his fellow divers. I personally greatly respected his knowledge of the seas and was fortunate to know him and spend time with him, enjoying his stories and sense of humor as we talked about (generally) diving and boats.

He will be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom