Sad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel very very sorry for the family.
How terrible if they come across the photos of their loved one this way. I hate that the news feels the need to post the photo of the dead girl.
Requiescat in pace.

Looks like most of these news were not true. Now they claim that the body found in the water belongs to an American tourist, Samantha Paige Thomas, who received the blows to her head already after her death by drawning. And Polish musician Monika Markievitz died in Cancun hospital after swallowing a safety pin in an apperent suicide. What a mess...

hate to be a creeper here, but if you look at Samantha Paige Thomas's FB page, it's clear she is a cruiser but it is also CLEAR that she is not the same person in the picture on Por Esto that was found in the water.

Hang on...looks like they're saying Samantha PAGE Thomas, not Samantha PAIGE Thomas as written in the previous post......nevermind:(

: samantha page thomas : Cruise Law News

Ok, now I'm even more confused, the link below states her name as Samantha PAIGE Thomas, bringing us back to the beginning. Samantha WAS NOT the one found in the water, was she was the one at the Cancun hospital that many thought was the person involved with the death of the Polish woman that WAS found in the water? Or is this a completely different person and there is still a suspect from the ship that ended up in the Cancun hospital acting strangely?

Well, just to add to the weirdness, according to this report (warning -- the video features several post-mortem pictures), Ms. Thomas swallowed the safety pin and Ms. Markievitz was found in the water with head injuries. Throwing in the kitchen sink, the Mexican authorities note that, in addition to swallowing the safety pin, Ms. Thomas "had a brain tumor, was diabetic and was taking anti-anxiety medicine."

Dang. That is the same girl from the FB page that swallowed the safety pin. I had no idea that a safety pin could do so much damage. :(

Looks like most of these news were not true. Now they claim that the body found in the water belongs to an American tourist, Samantha Paige Thomas, who received the blows to her head already after her death by drawning. And Polish musician Monika Markievitz died in Cancun hospital after swallowing a safety pin in an apperent suicide. What a mess...
Lots of confusion here. Got a link to that one?

This story said the lady who died in Cancun was 24 Another woman dies on Royal Caribbean ship in Cozumel | Royal Caribbean Blog

Excerpting from another story linked there...
"Alor said the death had nothing to do with the case of Monika Markiewicz, 32, whose body was recovered Saturday from the sea off Cozumel. The Polish national was a musician on the cruise ship, Allure of the Sea."
hate to be a creeper here, but if you look at Samantha Paige Thomas's FB page, it's clear she is a cruiser but it is also CLEAR that she is not the same person in the picture on Por Esto that was found in the water.

Hang on...looks like they're saying Samantha PAGE Thomas, not Samantha PAIGE Thomas as written in the previous post......nevermind:(

: samantha page thomas : Cruise Law News

Ok, now I'm even more confused, the link below states her name as Samantha PAIGE Thomas, bringing us back to the beginning. Samantha WAS NOT the one found in the water, was she was the one at the Cancun hospital that many thought was the person involved with the death of the Polish woman that WAS found in the water? Or is this a completely different person and there is still a suspect from the ship that ended up in the Cancun hospital acting strangely?
Not everyone is on FB, but there are 2 Samantha Paige Thomas memembers - a kid maybe altho the info is withheld and so many don't put their own faces on pages, and a mom with a baby. Which one are you looking at? Got a link?

Don- the one with her and the child looks to be the woman that died in Cancun with the ingested safety pin. Not clear whether that is her child or not. The post mortem pictures in the above link show her to be the same woman shown on the FB page.

From what I can tell:
Monika Markiewicz is the Polish musician from the ship docked in Cozumel that was found in the water off of the island.

Samantha Paige Thomas is the American woman the came off of the same ship docked in Cozumel that died in Cancun from ingesting a safety pin, at this point deemed a suicide.

What isn't clear is if the initial reports of an agitated woman showing up in the Cancun hospital after Monika was found is this same woman, Samantha, or if there is a third woman in the Cancun hospital that MAY be tied somehow to Monika's death. The news claims that these two reported incidents are not tied together. Initially, though, there was a report of a lesbian relationship that went bad and one woman possibly killed the other. This may have just been speculation since both came off of the same ship....

It would be nice to know what did happen, so that if there is a responsible person for Monika's death still on or around the island, or even on the ship, they could hold them responsible.

wow, that Latin American Herald Tribune story I think gets it all wrong, and I only say that because seeing the picture in Por Esto of the woman being taken out of the water CANNOT be Samantha Paige Thomas as shown on her FB page. (there's got to be at least 75 pounds of difference)

On the other hand, the pictures on Ripples link above of the woman that ingested the pin, look to me to be exactly that person, Samantha Paige Thomas. Her FB page has posts honoring those that died during the 9/11 attacks, and the tattoo on her arm clearly is in memory of 9/11. It also alludes to some medical conditions and shows pictures of some prior cruises she had been on.

Thanks. Online translations are a common source of confusion and I can see how a program might convert pin to brooch maybe, and confuse dimension terms. Swallowing an open safety pin is an odd choice tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom