Saekodive Dive Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas:
Anyone ever heard about these guys?

SAEKODIVE

They are based in Taiwan, and looks like they have a few very interesting approaches and designs for underwater lights, HID, with lithium batteries.

Any comments?

I like this one (with an addition of a proper handle):
http://www.saekodive.com/pdimage/al24l.jpg

I got their prices, for what they sell them for, i'm seriously considering trying one out.

kalekainxx:
I got their prices, for what they sell them for, i'm seriously considering trying one out.
When I sent them an email requesting prices, I got an email stating that they cpuld not sell HID in US as there is a patent issue here.

Mike...

I import stuff from Taiwan all the time, as I do a lot of business with that country, plus i'm in canada so they didn't say anything about patent issues to me.

The HID light range from $200 for the handheld ones to $1000 for the canister ones (AL-35, dual HID lights). There are minimum order requirements, but if a few ppl want them, i'll bring some in.

Hi

Just my personal experience. I've used one of Saekodive Halogen light. I forget the model but with large & heavy rechargeable 9V and pistol grip.

Brand new - quite cheap 60% off. But after two dive trip (18 dives) the torch flooded from the switch soft rubber protector. :11: ONLY 18 dives!!!! :11: - I'm very careful in transporting and storing my equipment.

That my last product from Saekodive. I'm looking into LED. Mayber UK C8/C4 eLED for primary and Longbow Micra/mini, UK QD40 eLED for backup. Never care about HID yet.

Just my personal experience.

Bye & thanks.

panicdiver:
Hi

That my last product from Saekodive. I'm looking into LED. Mayber UK C8/C4 eLED for primary and Longbow Micra/mini, UK QD40 eLED for backup. Never care about HID yet.

Just my personal experience.

Bye & thanks.

I have a UK D8 which flooded on my second dive! Lucky i was able to clean it up and it still works.

Just received a Saekodive HID canister light. Can't wait to try it out! The build quality looks excellent.

Hi

I've heard that UK lights seem to easily flood. I dont know how easy, I mean I never seen one that flood. But I've read alot of review of UK's light, none mention of the flood. Anyway what I said about my Saekodive is based on my experience.

I better go and check LDS in my area that has Saekodive lights. I must keep an open mind when researching on products.

Thanks for your info kalekainxx.

Check your PM.

Bye.

Just an FYI, I picked up a Green Force 10w HID and it is an impressive system. Very well made and upgradeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom