Safety at Jakarta airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds fantastic. October crossing trips are great. You might even see a schooling hammerheads at a few different sites. Where will the crossing trip start and finish? In 2019, I might guide in RA or crossing trips as well, mostly in September. Will you be on the same boat as Dan_T? Drop me a PM.

Charlie in 2019 I will be on Dan T's trip in Sept. on Blue Manta. We plan on seeing schooling hammerheads, whether they are there or not! :bounce:

- Bill

Hi Bill,

You will arrive in Terminal 2 Soekarno Hatta International Airport. If you are heading to Sorong, you must move to Terminal 1C by Skytrain.

If you are looking for 24/7, most of them are in Terminal 2. However, if you look for fancier ones, you should go to Terminal 3 (the new one) since you won't find anything open by the time you arrive at Terminal 1. Usually, they will open around 7ish.

In terms of security, you don't need to worry. Jakarta's Airport has a good security system now. You will also find many airport securities everywhere. We advise you check in first before falling asleep. :D If we're not wrong, Batik Air check-in counter is open 24/7 for they have an early flight (around 3.30). Afterward, you may sleep in the waiting room near your gate where Batik Air staff would loudly shout out your flight number at the boarding time.

Hope it works.

Regards,
Team E-Nyelam

Great news. Get ready for deep recreational diving, depending in the thermocline.the Nlue Manta is a wonderful boat and has an outstanding crew. Perhaps, I even might see you on the boat. My new meme, is 25*C is the new 26*C, at least for August in Komodo.

Charlie in 2019 I will be on Dan T's trip in Sept. on Blue Manta. We plan on seeing schooling hammerheads, whether they are there or not! :bounce:

- Bill

- Bill
If you're going with the Blue Manta, theres a good chance you'll see hammerheads. Great boat with an awesome crew.

Reactions: Dan
I appreciate all the input, with our layover we will not leave the airport. Will look into any lounges. One posted said both ANA and Batik fly out of term 2 and one said we would land at 2 and leave from term 1. Will sky tram run 24//7? Was hoping something may be open between 12 and 5a since my body with thinks it's 8 in the morning. Thanks, super excited about this trip.

Airport is safe. If you'd like to get a room, no need to stay outside the airport anymore Soekarno-Hatta Airport Hotel | Jakarta Airport Hotel | Official Site is in terminal 2, right where international flights come in, so you can go right downstairs and get some rest. They have a free shuttle to take you to your domestic connection if it is at another terminal. Other hotels mentioned are outside the airport and, while not that far away, if traffic is bad can sometimes take awhile to get to/from.
I second this. I stayed there and it's easy peasy. It's not posh but better than lying in the terminal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom