Safety Stage bottle duration submerged?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12310478_1391684967796730_1822148176424907795_n.jpg

12299346_1391684977796729_3114366275323420444_n.jpg

These got removed on October 10th, 2015. 5 days shy of 10 years.

---------- Post added December 11th, 2015 at 11:31 AM ----------

12299251_1391750364456857_8720410933816027245_n.jpg

But the system looked like this for much of that time.

meanwhile we have safeties in a cave going on like five years that when we last checked it earlier this year, is still working fine with no pitting. it really depends on the cave how long you can let them soak before they need to be replaced

I have an exploration reel sitting in a very tannic system for 7 years-wonder what is left.

Enjoying this thread.

Though the agricultural google earth shot is shocking, wth are we doing to the aquifers.

OP good luck with your project.

Enjoying this thread.

Though the agricultural google earth shot is shocking, wth are we doing to the aquifers.

OP good luck with your project.

Now you know why they are endangered.

How do I get a moderators help so i can edit my original post. For some reason I can not. My reply to this thread i can edit but for some reason I can not?

If a post has been in place for some length of time (a day?) you can no longer edit it I believe.

I'm fairly sure I said to test the equipment over the course of the project.

Cycling tanks out willy nilly leaves you with a bunch of working regs and full tanks in your garage instead of in the cave where they could be useful. Plus it's a waste of valuable time that provides no benefit. Doing dives to replace full and working safeties with full and working safeties is just spinning your wheels. Replacing them when they need it (typically 2 years in my experience, esp with anode) is a reasonable interval. Past 2 years things start to leak, valves jam, and tanks really corrode. The above example where we left tanks in for 4 years was because we COULDNT get to them due to conditions.

Once again, if you had any project experience working with safeties you'd know this. It has nothing to do with being ballsy.

AJ, help bust at myth or verify if true.

Leon sinks had a very prolonged wet period a number of years ago such that WKPP Wakulla diving was curtailed. It was reported that when a window opened up some deep penetration safeties were removed and carried to EE. When they dropped one in the fill vat they saw bubbling from a side wall from the severe pitting.

AJ, help bust at myth or verify if true.

Leon sinks had a very prolonged wet period a number of years ago such that WKPP Wakulla diving was curtailed. It was reported that when a window opened up some deep penetration safeties were removed and carried to EE. When they dropped one in the fill vat they saw bubbling from a side wall from the severe pitting.

thats what I heard, but didn't see it myself. Probably bubbling from the neck if it happened at all. Seems preposterous.

The guys working the fill station at that time enjoyed a few tall tales every now and again. Grain of salt.

When you leave the safety in the cave do you charge it and then turn it off? When you test it, turn on, purge (or breathe from it?), turn off?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom