Safety Stop Timer in Seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A slightly different question, any one out there use a simple waterproof timer in seconds (not a dive computer), something for under $50 with big numbers. I've seen several waterproof watches, which have a timer. Looking for something that can be used with a drysuit and gloves (convertible to bungie wrist strap or possibly clipped off). Preferably not a lot of button presses given thick gloves.

Have seen these, but they don't quite fit the bill:
Waterproof stopwatch to 2 atm: Fisherbrand Waterproof/Shockproof Stopwatches - Thermometers, pH Meters, Timers and Clocks,Timers, Clocks, and Stopwatches
SKMEI Waterproof watch (164ft): https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Wate...D=51ZxA9nWTKL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

https://www.amazon.com/TOOGOO-Child...8999&sr=8-4&keywords=3+minute+hourglass+timer

:)

On the slightly different question first: I learned a trick from a friend years ago. Buy an inexpensive depth-rated Timex. Buy a velcro strap to put on said Timex. The velcro has enough range to fit easily over my drysuited wrist and on my buck-naked wrist. .

On the OP question: Is it OK if it's strictly a countdown from what the computer thinks is an appropriate safety stop? E.g., the computer decides 3 minutes, and counts down? You don't want it to count up, or count for some diver-set period? If so, then my old Aeris Atmos (air integrated) does this, as well as my new non-air integrated AquaLung i300c. The latter retails for $300, but you can watch (no pun intended) for sales and such.

The AquaLung also bluetooth connects to your phone, which is kind of fun. My LDS uses them on all students now, and the instructor can view the students' dive profile with them post-dive. (The instructor's profiles are wild, with lots of ups and downs for running students through CESAs.) Probably more gee-whiz than useful, but you never know....

Back
Top Bottom