Safety Stop Timer in Seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DunkTankDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Currently in the market for a new dive computer. Nothing technical just within advanced nitrox limits. I know it’s picky of me but curious which models out there have a safety stop timer in seconds not minutes. Just a personal preference.

Any suggestions?

I believe the Perdix AI has the countdown in seconds. While you can do Tek diving with it, they've really made this super friendly for the Rec diver. I love mine!

As well as the already mentioned Perdix (wrist mount), the Atomic Cobalt (console style) has a countdown in seconds.
I'm sure there are others.

A Suunto Zoop Novo has a stopwatch so maybe it counts down in seconds also - IDK.

Not the older Zoop - now discontinued.

Possibly the two Eon models also - the Eon Core being the latest (smaller)

Most dive computers count off the 3 minute safety stop in seconds.

It's the norm not the exception. For obvious reasons.
I think the OP's question was what computers display the time for stops in seconds as a countdown timer. Shearwater and Atomic do, there are probably others, but it's definitely not the norm.

Ron

The Oceanic Geo 2 counts down in seconds. I know some folks have reservations about them being owned by Huish, but it may be worth looking into.

Erik

Confirm what others have said, the safety stop for the Perdix is in seconds.
I use it for rec diving and its fabulous. Best computer I've ever had.

Oceanic Veo 180, Hollis DG03 or similar. Both of them are obsolete.
You don't need to spend a fortune for such a trivial thing.

Just out of curiosity, why are seconds important for your safety stop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom