Sailing from Honduras to Belize - not the traditional way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nufc

Registered
Reaction score
a few years ago i was in utila, and someone posted an offer for a sailing trip over to belize. this sounded so great, but at the time we were going up to guatemala and the home to denmark.

this time around we are flying into san pedro sula and out of belize city. therefore we'd very much like to cross over by sail boat instead of the "traditional" commercial boat out of pt. cortes.

so, my question is: is this something that is offered regularly, or was it a one off (that we missed...)?

the boat can leave from utila, la ceiba, roatan etc. the departure point is not so important!

thanks in advance!

Hello again!

There are a couple of private charter yachts here on Utila but its not particularly busy here for yachts at the moment so you might have trouble picking up a casual, "extra pair of hands" type trip.
Will try to get an email for Capt Eric for you, a French guy who might be able to help.
Gimme a nudge if I dont come back in a coupla days.

Cheers

Simon

My boyfriend and I are also interested in going from Utila to Belize preferably by boat. When we were in Utila the last time, we picked up Captain Eric's card at one of the local shops, but it seemed like he only does chartered sight seeing tours with snorkeling (and not real transport). If you find out that boat transport across is possible with him, please let me know!

cheers simon!

stiffany - when are you planning on going from utila to belize?

Hi. We'll be in Utila August 25th-September 2nd or so and then we'll head onward to Belize. We only have two and a half weeks total (our flight back to Philly from Cancun is on September 10th) so it'll be difficult to really see more than a few things. Really hoping to find a way via boat to Belize though!

i'll let you know if we succeed - we are going to utila around the 10th of july and plan on leaving for belize a good week later...

Hi guys,
I have one email for you to try. Cpt Hank is at sunyata84, either at hotmail or yahoo dot com (cant remember which).
There is also Cpt Eric and a guy called Tierry. Will try to get details for them too.
Simon

Back
Top Bottom