Saltitude Resort prices - Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone

Looking at dive resort prices for Anilao during 2 - 12 April this year

Saltitude came back with this quote:

Please find below the package:
1. 4 boat dives/day inclusive of boat, DM fee, tanks, dive pass =
Php11,999 x 9 days = Php179,985

Are they kidding with the dive rate? Typo?
That's absurdly high for Philippines IMO

I'm not adverse to paying, but only when I'm getting money's worth in return

You might be getting quoted as a solo diver rate or they mistakenly quoted 4 trips of 2 boat dives each instead of 2 trips of 2 dives each.

Email them and ask.

I paid php3750/diver/2 dives when I was there in January.

am no Anilao expert but for that much diving the resort does seem to be a bit too far north from all of the dives sites that you will have a lot of boat time over the course of the trip. That might not be accurate or matter though so check.

You might be getting quoted as a solo diver rate or they mistakenly quoted 4 trips of 2 boat dives each instead of 2 trips of 2 dives each.

Email them and ask.

I paid php3750/diver/2 dives when I was there in January.

am no Anilao expert but for that much diving the resort does seem to be a bit too far north from all of the dives sites that you will have a lot of boat time over the course of the trip. That might not be accurate or matter though so check.

I think its the solo diver thing.
I've emailed them.

Agree that they're further north from popular sites.

I am using Buceo as a benchmark as their prices seem logical.

The room rate is okay.

I'm referring to the $240 for 4 dives per day.
That doesn't include a private guide.

I think they're charging me as if I'm the only person on the boat?

I paid $180/night at Acacia a few years ago before they refurbished and rebranded, so I assume it’s even nicer now. I’d say that $69/night is more than okay...lol. And since, as far as I know, they haven’t officially reopened yet, you may very well be the only diver currently on the books.

I paid $180/night at Acacia a few years ago before they refurbished and rebranded, so I assume it’s even nicer now. I’d say that $69/night is more than okay...lol. And since, as far as I know, they haven’t officially reopened yet, you may very well be the only diver currently on the books.

You keep referring to the accommodation rate.
I've said that the accommodation rate is fine.

I'm talking about the dive rate. I mentioned the issue with the dive rate in my original post.

You keep referring to the accommodation rate.
I've said that the accommodation rate is fine.

I'm talking about the dive rate. I mentioned the issue with the dive rate in my original post.

Because with that room rate (which you now removed from your OP), you’re still coming out way ahead. Compare the room+dives with a comparable resort and I would bet this is the far better deal. And, as I said, you are likely the only diver they have on the books currently, meaning you would have your own dive guide, in which case $60/dive is not that crazy.

When I’m choosing a dive resort, I just look at the bottom line. I don’t care if they charge me $1 for my diving and $99/night, or $99 for my diving and $1/night. The bottom line is all I’d be concerned about. Not to mention, that dive rate will likely decrease if more divers end up on the boat.

60 usd a dive in Anilao...crazy :)
Prices in Anilao is indeed a bit strange as you pay the boat, the DM and the tank (and the %#@ P200 diving permit which ends in the mayor's pocket) separately.
A tank is about P200-300.
A banka (boat) is about P1500-2500 (depends spot)
A DM, don't know as I have never used one.
So you can easily do a 2 dive trip for half the price they quote you.

Because with that room rate (which you now removed from your OP), you’re still coming out way ahead. Compare the room+dives with a comparable resort and I would bet this is the far better deal. And, as I said, you are likely the only diver they have on the books currently, meaning you would have your own dive guide, in which case $60/dive is not that crazy.

When I’m choosing a dive resort, I just look at the bottom line. I don’t care if they charge me $1 for my diving and $99/night, or $99 for my diving and $1/night. The bottom line is all I’d be concerned about. Not to mention, that dive rate will likely decrease if more divers end up on the boat.

I get your point about the bottom line. But this is rarely the case in real life. Accommodation, food, and dive is charged individually.

Regardless , it's about $3400 for 10 nights of 4 dives a day.

Still high considering their actual facilities, Anilao, Philippines, and the fact that they're geographically disadvantaged - overpriced.

Just to clarify,I stayed at Lembeh dive resort which was expensive but worth it. The dive center was average but the lodging is fantastic. The food & service is extraordinary.

60 usd a dive in Anilao...crazy :)
Prices in Anilao is indeed a bit strange as you pay the boat, the DM and the tank (and the %#@ P200 diving permit which ends in the mayor's pocket) separately.
A tank is about P200-300.
A banka (boat) is about P1500-2500 (depends spot)
A DM, don't know as I have never used one.
So you can easily do a 2 dive trip for half the price they quote you.

I think they're charging me as if in a solo diver and then at the time if there are other divers, they'll prorate the actual diving cost depending on actual number of divers per day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom