Samaesan diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THank the Lord we have Khram to save us all from ourselves, the media and those Pattaya dive shops. After all, we should all show respect to everyone, even if it incudes spinning the deaths of two divers to be a slam on Pattaya dive shops and finishing the Lordly post by attaching a smiley to it.

Thank the Lord for the Edit function, which let's this particular poster to delete his disrepsctful smiley and then go on and lecture others in godlike hypocracy.

Amen and may the Lord bless all trolls.

At least some people on here are showing some restraint and respect for those involved by properly researching and putting plain straight facts on here.

LK, after reading your post I was about ready to give you a good mouth full but then I thought "Why should I"?? You are LK and you're only doing what you do best: being rude and offensive, making ridiculous remarks, whine and at times be a cry-baby. And most of all you just LOVE to be in the spotlight. Well, here you go:

:showtime:

THank the Lord we have Khram to save us all from ourselves, the media and those Pattaya dive shops. After all, we should all show respect to everyone, even if it incudes spinning the deaths of two divers to be a slam on Pattaya dive shops and finishing the Lordly post by attaching a smiley to it.

Thank the Lord for the Edit function, which let's this particular poster to delete his disrepsctful smiley and then go on and lecture others in godlike hypocracy.

Amen and may the Lord bless all trolls.

This is nothing to do with any slam on Pattaya dive shops, all I am doing is voicing my distaste about the idle gossip, speculation and incorrect stories that have been posted on here by several people about such an unfortunate incident.
Smileys or not, at least I get my facts correct before uploading information onto the internet.
And you got that wrong as well, I haven't edited anything, my post is still there in its original form, but its actually on another thread.
Aquanauts got it wrong (YET AGAIN) - Some things never change.

This is nothing to do with any slam on Pattaya dive shops, ...

(snip)

Aquanauts got it wrong (YET AGAIN) - Some things never change.

Oh dear. Do you read the tripe you post LK?

I find it quite distasteful to hijack this thread about the unfortunate accident in Samaesan and turn it into a flame war. This post was intended to discuss the accident and hopefully reflect on the seriousness of diver safety. Please stop the flames.

Has there been any additional information about the instructor? Last I heard they found one of his fins. Is there still a search going on?

Thank you

Has there been any additional information about the instructor? Last I heard they found one of his fins. Is there still a search going on?

Instructor still missing. A (one) white Gull fullfoot fin was recovered near where the student's body was found.

Both surface and underwater searches continues (18 May 2009). The Royal Thai Navy continues to assist but lately their manpower in the search area had been diverted to the search for (and inspection of) rumoured mysterious metal cargo containers dumped in the Samaesan area - so far only one of the containers have been located. The Royal Thai Navy has promised to resume/continue searching for the missing instructor.

The Royal Thai Navy continues to assist but lately their manpower in the search area had been diverted to the search for (and inspection of) rumoured mysterious metal cargo containers dumped in the Samaesan area - so far only one of the containers have been located. The Royal Thai Navy has promised to resume/continue searching for the missing instructor.

There has been some interesting news updates about this on Thai TV the last few days. Apparently they have now located 8 different containers spread out over a large area. Divers have taken coral samples of some of the containers and it is estimated that at least some have been in the water for about 15+ years or so. The Thais are considering opening the containers and checking what's inside. They worry though that if they open the containers underwater and if they're filled with chemical waste or something else that can be hazardous to the environment this may adversely affect the environment and divers.
The Thai PM himself ruled out that the containers should be recovered and brought back to shore for inspection because of the high costs involved. Plan seems to be to use high tech equipment and check underwater without opening the containers if there are any dangerous chemical substances in it. Or to make a small opening and use a small ROV to check what's inside.
Others say that the containers may hold "illegal" cargo that was dumped by ships being afraid of getting caught by Thai Navy or customs.
Fishermen say they have found human bones in their nets while fishing at some of those places and are speculating the containers may retain human remains. If that is the case then I personally do not understand how bones can get out of closed and sealed containers.

I'm sure more will be on the news about this over the next few days.

. If that is the case then I personally do not understand how bones can get out of closed and sealed containers.

Because not ALL of the containers originally dumped remained closed? Perhaps one or more broke open?

However, yet another Thai drama unfolding.

Back
Top Bottom