Samaesan diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Khun Wiwat was not a DM but an Instructor. Furthermore, it would be interesting to know what Khun Wiwat was wearing during the dive that he went missing, When he was wearing shorts and a rash vest, it could well be part of his remains, however, if he was wearing a shorty or similar dive gear, it's very unlikely, imho, that the remains belong to Khun Wiwat.

Limbo,

Agreed - that is why I put the note about the accuracy of the reporting on my post. Personally, based on the amount of bodies that wash up in the area I think it would be unlikely to be that of Khun Wiwat.

Do the tides even take stuff from down Sattahip way up to Jomtien? I thought the tides moved things south.

General rule of thumb in the Chonburi area coastal waters.
Rising tide current runs north.
Falling tide current runs south.
This occurs twice every 24 hours.
Sometimes the northerly flow can exceed the southerly and vice versa, depending on the particular tidal phase.

Last edited:
Tuesday 23rd June 2009
Remains of two men discovered in Sattahip.

The discovery of corpses in the seas off Pattaya and surrounding districts is an all-too-common occurrence and we now report on two such cases.
The first case occurred on Monday Afternoon and began with the gruesome discovery of a headless corpse which appeared to have been washed up on a beach located in Sattahip District. Police and rescue workers were called to the location to retrieve the remains of the headless corpse which will now be sent to a forensic lab for identification. Police have numerous missing person reports and in this case, they believe the corpse may be that of missing diving instructor Khun Wiwat who went missing on 10th May off the waters of Sattahip as he was attempting a rescue of one of his students who got into difficulties during a dive. The body of the student has already been found, however Khun Wiwat’s body had remained undiscovered. Police are now waiting for forensic test results.
The second case occurred on Tuesday Morning at the North Side of Sichang Island off the coast of Sriracha. A sea rescue unit was called to the location after a floating corpse was spotted in the sea. The body was taken to dry land where it was identified as the body of Khun Chanchai aged 18 who had been reported missing on 20th June. The shorts he was wearing matched with those found on the corpse and according to family members the dead man worked as a speed boat operator and on 20th he fell overboard during a passenger transfer to the Island and due to high winds and rough seas a rescue attempt at the time was not possible.

Pattaya One News Video Service

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom