San Diego diving next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tparrent

Contributor
Reaction score
I have just a couple weeks before I move from SoCal to Minnesota!:11:

I plan to spend a few days in San Diego and should have time to get in a few dives if they are convenient. Any recommendations for nice hotels/resorts with easy access to diving? My wife doesn't dive so I will not be able to go out on any long boat dives but something that wraps up by 11 in the morning would be great. Beachfront lodging would be cool as well.

Speaking of cool - how are the water temps down there? I don't suppose my 3mm will work, right?

I will be solo so I plan to either go on a guided dive (with the divemaster's advance permission) or just hire a guide locally. Any suggestions for good guides?

Thanks for any tips!

3 mil will not work. You'll need either a 7mil wetsuit, or a drysuit... Temps range from about 50-60F right now..

You did not mention what types of diving you were interested in doing... There are beach dives all over, plus several boats that you can get on. Do you want to see wrecks, reefs, a canyon, fish, or something else ....?

I'm just looking to get wet again without taking all day. The one set of dives I have done since coming to California was at Santa Cruz Island. It took up a full day and the visibility was less than spectacular. A quick shore dive would probably work well since, if conditions aren't great at least I have not wasted a day.

The Sea Lodge in La Jolla sits just across the sea wall from the La Jolla Shores Reserve. Lots to see if you know where to go or have a guide. OEX in La Jolla rents divemasters.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom