San Diego Noob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTinSD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi to the Board,

I did PADI Open Water in December, AOW in January. Including certification dives, I have done a total of 11: 6 at La Jolla Shores, 3 at Catalina Dive Park and 2 at Los Coronados. In the last few weeks, El Nino has caused cancellations of a 3 tank trip to Catalina, a 2 tank trip to Wreck Alley and now a 3 tank trip to Los Coronados tomorrow.

It's really hard to pull it all together what with the weather, working and expenses, and then coordinating all that with a dive buddy.

I hope I can get wet again sometime soon. Meanwhile, I'll be lurking all around SB.

Jim T
JTinSD

Welcome to SB!

Join the Divebums.com email list-serv. Go to this webpage, click on the "Email List" hyperlink, and follow the instructions. It's a great way to get daily updates on dive conditions. Some have even found it to be a good way to find dive buddies.

There's also the Powers Scuba Meet-up group headed by Bill Powers. It's another nice way to meet local divers.

Welcome to the sport. There's a lot of fun diving to do in the area. Now...if only the weather would cooperate. :D

Sounds like you are off to a great start! If you are ever looking for a dive buddy look me up. I am always willing to hit the shores.

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Your'e off to great start and the leads that will help you get wet above are a great help.... I use Power and divebums when I dive in S.D. area.....
Please feel free to also drop on down to your local forum and join in our fun here

SoCal - ScubaBoard

Hope to see you in the water some day..... enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome.

I will definitely use the resources suggested above. @onemorefalcon: I will see you at the Shores one of these days, thanks.

My wife points out that living in San Diego and being frustrated at having a few boat dives canceled hardly qualifies as a real problem.

But then again, she doesn't dive.

Are you crying? get use to it. Who told you divine was funn!! I t is hard work and take alot of planning and it's still going to go south on you. JT WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!

P.S. YOU'R WIFE DOSE'NT DIVE! WHY NOT? What the hell tell her hi too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom