San Diego on Labor Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iwalkathinline

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy from Texas! New diver here, and I have a trip planned for Labor Day Weekend... I thought I had a dive partner, but she's chickening out on me. Anyway, I'm looking for a dive buddy as well as pointers on where to go. The best time for me to dive would probably be Thursday daytime and Friday late afternoon (or possibly an early morning dive if anyone's up for that!) Anyway, please let me know where I should go and what I should check out. I'm hoping for this trip to make me fall in love with scuba diving and make a life-long diver out of me! I'll be renting most of my gear until I know for sure that this is for me... And in case you were wondering, I'm getting my Open Water Certification this weekend.

Please let me know what yall's experience is with the San Diego diving scene! :D

Welcome to SB and to Socal eventually! If the weather cooperates, San Diego is the perfect place to do your first cold water shore diving. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Keep in mind that Socal diving is cold water diving so you will find many small differences that add up big time and that require taking your time and staying shallow/conservative especially for the new diver. I suggest hiring a local DM the first day to lend a very helpful hand! Have fun!

Expect more weight, long walks to the water sometimes up and down hills and stairs, way more exposure protection all over your body, and much colder water with possible surf. That's a lot of stuff to add for an experienced diver let alone a new one.

look up scubadivergirls on facebook i know some might be available to show you the coolest dives around there. they've been diving with alot nice 6-9ft 6 gill sharks. They are having a blast. Tell em HardcoreDiveTeam sent you!

Power Scuba is the largest, most active dive group in San Diego county. No dues. Non-profit org. Not affiliated with any dive shops and doesn't sell dive gear or train students.

Dives a heck of a lot.

Power Scuba

Cheers,

Bill

I however AM affiliated with a shop, dont charge dues, and will more than likely be diving at La Jolla Shores those days anyways. :D

The good thing about the shores is from the parking lot to the water isnt really all that far (especially compared to some other San Diego County dive sites) bad thing is good luck finding parking....:(

Anyways send me a PM and we will see if we can work out some sort of dive schedule to help you out.

Hey devildoc5, did you get my PM? Also, one of the captains of The Marissa dive boat added a dive for me on Thursday, Sep. 1 from 2:00PM-6:00PM. We'll be going to Wreck Alley, any suggestions? I'm really excited! Also, if anyone is interested, please go to marissadivetickets.com... I feel like she kinda added this dive for me, so I'm hoping some people will show up. I can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom