San Juan area shore dives in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not very familiar with the East side of the island and it's diving. We booked a trip with Dive Charter Curacao to explore East Point. The coral was beautiful, undamaged and mature. Parts of it resembled the wall dives of Cozumel minus the current. The only disadvantage was the worst case of sea sickness EVER! Obviously cannot fault anybody but myself. I had no problems with the boat dives on the west end of the island. My comfort level unfortunately exceeded my limits.

I hear wonderful things about The Dive Bus and their house reef on the East end. I saw the exterior of the new Hyatt and it looked amazing. Lovely golf coarse, architecture, and sandy beach area. However, the ocean area around it looked rough. I don't know about the shore access.

We all loved the Kura Hulanda. Immaculate grounds, pool and rooms. Never heard noise from neighbors. Manager made it a point to meet and talk with guests. I have also stayed at All West twice. Tank room and the best morning coffee view of any where I have stayed. Both house reefs are some of my favorite sites on the island. I have only stayed on the West end because many people feel the diving is better there, plus you have Sol Food! What better way to wrap a glorious day of diving? Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Hi Andreas,

I'll be hitting Curacao for 1 day. Taking a cruise in December. With the time constraints on cruise ships what is the best way to catch a dive. Even if it is just one? Thoughts on dive shops? How close are they too the cruise terminal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kat

Hi Andreas,

I'll be hitting Curacao for 1 day. Taking a cruise in December. With the time constraints on cruise ships what is the best way to catch a dive. Even if it is just one? Thoughts on dive shops? How close are they too the cruise terminal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kat

Hi Kat,

If you only have one day, stay in Willemstad for a dive or two; to make reservations, email for example to info@oceanencounters.com. I think the Dive Bus guys also service cruise ship passengers, so you might ask them as well.

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom