San Juan business & diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerrynuss:
I stayed at Andinos in March. It was ok. Really nothing fancy but it was clean and worked out ok since I was just there to Dive.

I talked with my wife and she said try Humacao.

For shore diving Isabela.

The small islands where we spent the night were off shore from Fajardo she didn't know the name.

I have not had a chance to talk with my neice about places to stay.
I stayed at Andinos in March.
HOW MUCH WAS IT?
THANKS ALLEN

Ponce has some nice diving. Since you are going to be working there diving is easy and there are operators. I've done a bit of diving there. My wife was born in Ponce and grew up in Santa Isabel. So when we go to P.R. we normally stay in Santa Isabel at her brothers house or aunt and uncle's house or in Fajardo with my Niece. You can do some easy reef diving in Ponce, then it is a quick trip to Parguera for wall diving. I always had some grand ideas to open a Tech shop in Parguera just could never convince my wife to move back down there.

jerrynuss:
Ponce has some nice diving. Since you are going to be working there diving is easy and there are operators. I've done a bit of diving there. My wife was born in Ponce and grew up in Santa Isabel. So when we go to P.R. we normally stay in Santa Isabel at her brothers house or aunt and uncle's house or in Fajardo with my Niece. You can do some easy reef diving in Ponce, then it is a quick trip to Parguera for wall diving. I always had some grand ideas to open a Tech shop in Parguera just could never convince my wife to move back down there.

That's a fun idea: opening a tek shop down there. I wish someone would do that, I don't beleive there are any TEK diving places down here except for Ocean Sports in Condado/Isla verde, and of course that is totally on the opposite side of the island.

squee!:
I don't beleive there are any TEK diving places down here except for Ocean Sports in Condado/Isla verde, and of course that is totally on the opposite side of the island.
Sorry to correct you, but we have been techie diving in Puerto Rico
every year since Y2K. La Cueva Submarina caters to Rebreathers,
TRIMIX and cave divers in the northwest. There are other techie
instructors in San Juan who can take you out ofr dives in the east
coast just as well.
Visit our page with address below to read about some of our
delinquencies in the island.

I have been trying to get some cave diving in down there for the past 10 years and never get around to it. How extensive are the caves? I know of the Rio Camuy, what else is there? Are they like D.R. caves?

Wally1716:
Sorry to correct you, but we have been techie diving in Puerto Rico
every year since Y2K. La Cueva Submarina caters to Rebreathers,
TRIMIX and cave divers in the northwest. There are other techie
instructors in San Juan who can take you out ofr dives in the east
coast just as well.

Holy cow! I had never heard of them! If I knew they were around, I totally would have done my AOW with them! Looks good, I'm gonna check them out!
Thanks for letting me know! For anyone else who may be interested: http://www.lacuevasubmarina.com/

Wally1716:

I tried to check out your puerto rico entries but they were under construction. Let me know when they are ready so I can see what other opportunities there are on this glorious island!

Back
Top Bottom