San Pedro Dive Shops: Chuck and Robbie's, Reef Adventures or Ecologic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks!

This is my first ever post on this forum (have been an anonymous viewer for some time)

My girlfriend and I just booked my trip to San Pedro end of March and beginning of April and will be staying at Paradise Villas. From other posts and threads, it appears that we will be close to 3 very good dive shops, Chuck and Robbie's, Reef Adventures and Ecologic. We are having some difficulty picking between them and wanted some advice or past experience or comparisons. Our plan is to do a 7 day package (will be there 11 nights) and may want to do a long range excursion as well. Should we book ahead or is it better to just stroll around the shops and compare?

A bit of background. I am a very comfortable diver but my girlfriend is a newly minted Open Water diver and is still getting used to the experience. We are looking for an operator that caters well to novice divers.

Thanks!

All three have or have had good reputations. Two others you haven't mentioned are Amigos del Mar (pretty close) and Island Divers (a little further away). Amigos in particular has an excellent reputation for working with inexperienced divers.

Of the three you mentioned I would put Reef Adventures at the top of the list. It's also the closest (and in fact the smallest). They "dived" a group I sent to them a couple of months ago and everyone was very well satisfied. If you look at Trip Advisor thay get very good mention there.

Just got back from San Pedro. I dove with Ecologic and Amigo Del Mar had a great time with both. Both where very professional and great customer service

J

No, no need. But whoever you decide to go with, you need to be at their dock (or to have arranged pickup) by 8:30am for the morning dives. You might want to book at least your first day with Reef Adventures (as the closest) and then look around that afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom