Sanctum (dive movie) Trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At 0:59 the girl has a wetsuit with the SSI inscription !
+ 1
It ssems that it has been filmed near Queensland in Australia, though there is is no mention of with real world cave is it.

And I suspect this movie may have other effects as well. I don't WANT to predict this, but I'm afraid we will see a huge increase in the number of divers who seek out cave diving, whether with or without the proper training. I sure hope that latter is not the case, because if it is, we will also see a corresponding increase in cave related injuries/fatalities.

Won't stop me from seeing the movie though! Definitely a good one to go see with a few dive buddies!

Holy Christ! That looks so frickin' cool! Much better than that 'Cave' POS a couple years ago.

I have to see that in 3-D hopefully in I-Max.

Did I see bubbles... from the rebreathers? I want to see this too. It seems very interesting.

Wes Skiles and Jill Heinerth consulted very early on this project. They took James Cameron (an accomplished tech diver) on his first cave dive at Ginnie Springs. Wes shot some "example footage" for him, demonstrating some of the more technical scenes that look like they made it into the finished movie. When Jill breathed from some air pockets on the ceiling, he was blown away! (it looks like that scene made it into the plot!)
BTW, most of the rebreather diving was on VR's Sentinels, and Kevin Gurr was a tech consultant for Sanctum. Many familiar cave divers, Agnes for example, were stunt divers and consultants.
Happy to finally see this on the big screen.
Robert

Attachments

• CameronJill.jpg
    CameronJill.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 139
KZ:
Did I see bubbles... from the rebreathers? I want to see this too. It seems very interesting.

Some rebreathers do bubbles when the diver ascends to compensate the change in depth and pressure.

I think they tried to do a reasonable job of staying true to real life caving. We certainly got to use all the right gear. The Sentinel was quite fancy and a good breather.

No split fins on the real cave divers by the way.

Back
Top Bottom