SandHollow 7/3, 7/4, and 7/5.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goonsquad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Going to be diving Sandhollow over the 4th of July. Planning on getting there in the afternoon on the 3rd, possibly doing a night dive that night or the night of the 4th, coming back on the 5th.

If anyone is going to be down there let me know, maybe you can show me where the bus and the plane are at.
Also, anyone know if the dive area is buoyed off or if I need to take a dive flag? Anywhere else in the lake cool to dive other than the dedicated area?

We are going down this weekend.

The dive area is buoyed. I've seen a map somewhere, let me see if I can find it.

Cant find the map, I may be thinking of a dive master project I saw.

Here's a decent write up.

Anyone know if the muscle problem down there is a concern for scuba gear?

I don't believe it is, haven't heard that it has become a gear problem for those who dive in Vegas. You could decontaminate your gear relatively easy though.

Anyone know if the muscle problem down there is a concern for scuba gear?
Shouldn't be a problem with how your equipment functions. They attach to objects ie: rocks, mooring lines, and I don't see that happening on a 40 minute dive
The only issue I could see is if you had some on your gear and transferred them to another body of water.

I'll be at the Gorge. Hope you guys have a great time.

Water might be clearer. :D Let us know!

Oh, and other than the bus and plane, there's some really cool rock features to dive above/alongside/through, off to the left side of the beach. There might be a line, I can't really remember. You should be able to find it with no problems - if memory serves me right, it's all in line to the island/rock sticking up out of the water. Just get over to the left.

Dove two dives a day each day. The temps were about 100* and the water was about 75*. I wore a skin suit alone and was just a bit cold down in the cold currents around 60ft. Couldn't locate the Plane but had fun playing with the fish and just exploring. The rock formations were really cool, it reminded me of the original Planet of the Apes beginning where they are going into a sandstone lake.
It wasn't even all that busy. We were the only divers in the area for two days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom