Sandra Stewart sues a whole lot more folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My point exactly, although the law sometimes makes very little sense. You can't always count on logic prevailing.
Common sense is uncommon.

Until I read this thread I'd not heard of this case. Did a little exploring online and found this:

I don't know who that guy is, but there are several comments he makes that may or may not be true. For example, I believe Rob's "status" as a student isn't necessarily true. He may have been diving with his former Instructor. I dive with several people I certified, including my wife. She's lots of things, but she's no longer my student.

...if you look at the daily call sheet, the safety diver wasn't even on the boat that day...

I saw that non-scheduling as supporting the notion that it wasn't scheduled to be a work day. It may have been scheduled as a continuation of Stewart's course that day which got changed after the fact.

...I believe Rob's "status" as a student isn't necessarily true. He may have been diving with his former Instructor. I dive with several people I certified, including my wife. She's lots of things, but she's no longer my student.

Stoo, except Stewart was halfway through a course with Sotis when he passed, so he wasn't only a former student at the time.

[QUOTE="Ayisha, post: 8541703, member: 35816”]

Stoo, except Stewart was halfway through a course with Sotis when he passed, so he wasn't only a former student at the time.[/QUOTE]
But he’d been issued his card. So was he a student or had he been blessed?

But he’d been issued his card. So was he a student or had he been blessed?

The card was printed, but he had not completed the last 2 days of training, so the requirements had not been met.

It has not been established that Sotis was instructing Stewart for that series of dives. Sotis was not compensated monetarily for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom