Sangalaki trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No! They have not clean up their act yet. The staffs are still not getting paid, and resort managers (i.e. Aima and Nadia) have not been there for some time. Clearly, they are STILL trying to sell this place off. Heard that they last offered it to Nabucco (operator on Maratua), but their offer was not taken up.

Beers are at US$12 each and soft drinks at US$5! Overpriced and poor resort management. I've been diving for more than 10 years, and Ronald Holland and Aima (husband and wife) are definitely the worst I've ever come across!

No doubt diving is great, but the management's attitude totally puts me off! I hate it when they promise and don't deliver, and still refuse to take my calls!

However, the dive operation manager, Mark Hazell, did his best and he did make us all felt better. Sad to say, I last heard that he will be leaving soon (guess not too surprising with this kind of management).

Check out my other post:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1216070#post1216070

I've taken a look at the Nabucco rates (on the website)... and, WOW are they expensive!!! Did you pay the published rate, or was there some negotiation?

Gonzalve:
I've taken a look at the Nabucco rates (on the website)... and, WOW are they expensive!!! Did you pay the published rate, or was there some negotiation?
I did not stay with Nabucco, so not sure of their rates.

I stayed in Nabucco. I contacted the agent, Narwastu dive center. When I emailed Mr. Seno, I asked him for discounts and he gave me a little (cant remember whether it s 10% or 20% though). But I am not sure he gave me discount because I am lokal or he gave that to everone. But no harm to ask for discount right? :wink:

Hello.
I stayed SDL last week. It was the third visit since 2000.
I did 15 dives in Sangalaki. 2 manta-dives, and no manta-snorkeling.
The sea condition was not good to see manta. The south wind was strong, and there was not much plankton.
But visibility was good. I enjoyed coral diving. I think the coral reef around Sangalaki is world-class.
The resort was not so bad, and food was good for me. Local staff worked hard to make guests happy.
I could stay comfortably. I plan to go there next year.
A few minutes access to the world-class dive sites can be the reason for choosing SDL.

(Price list as of 23 Sept, 2005)
Beer (large bottle) USD7, soft drinks USD3, mineral water USD2
Boat trip (per boat): Samama USD50, Kakaban USD100

Back
Top Bottom