Sanilac Shores Wrecks - 22nd & 23rd September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickydazla

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Bruno's boat, the Great Lakes Diver, is booked out for September 15th & 16th but places are still open for the 22nd & 23rd for diving on wrecks in the Sanilac Shores Underwater Preserve.

Specific wrecks have not yet been planned and probably won't be until the day but we are open to all suggestions. Charters are $95 per person per day ($50 for specialty students completing check out dives).

I will be deck hand/dive master/instructor so you can either PM me directly or speak to Bruno or Lisa at the store for further information. I am also happy to teach any SSI Specialty Courses that people would like to do (wreck, deep, nitrox would be the obvious ones) @ $95 each.

Thanks

Rick

I'm on Gary Venet's morning charter on the 22nd. (Charter is full.) If you go out of the same harbor (Port Sanilac) make sure to say 'Hey'.

Paula

Hope you guys enjoy. I dove with Rec & Tec Charters and loved it. My favorite was the New York but viz can be a crap shoot.

Dove the Regina and Sport today and doing the A.B. Williams and F.B. Gardner tomorrow. Despite high winds yesterday and this morning (we didn't leave Sanilac Marina until 12:30 today) the vis was great - 30 feet+. A little bit rolly and a couple of pukers on board but otherwise a fun day...

See you out there...

I may go on one of those days. I would prefer to know what wrecks you'll be visiting so I can pick out what nitrox blend I need.

I may go on one of those days. I would prefer to know what wrecks you'll be visiting so I can pick out what nitrox blend I need.
Deepest on either day would be the Mary Alice B and/or North Star at 90' and only then if you dig a little trench in the silt for your computer. Otherwise, work to 85'...

:( I was on a charter Saturday the 22nd out of Port Sanilac and got blown out. Glad you had good dives.

Paula

:( I was on a charter Saturday the 22nd out of Port Sanilac and got blown out. Glad you had good dives.

Paula
Blown out?! The waves were 5 feet at the very most around the Regina and half that close in around the Strong. We had one seasick person out of 15 and we were out there from 11am until 6pm...

AAAAaarrrr!

:pirate5:

Blown out?! The waves were 5 feet at the very most around the Regina and half that close in around the Strong. We had one seasick person out of 15 and we were out there from 11am until 6pm...

AAAAaarrrr!

:pirate5:

hmmm... Our charter was scheduled to leave the dock at 8am and head to a couple of the deeper wrecks. It was called some time between 5:30am and 6am. The conditions must have been worse then.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom