santa barbara diving with sea lion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_kkh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,

I am visiting long beach soon and am looking for resources to get some dives in santa barbara with the sea lions.

Unfortunately, I am totally not familar with the geography of the area.

Any kind soul can furnish me how do i get to santa barbaba from long beach, california. Better still if you guys can help me to identify dive centers that do day or liveaboard trips to santa barbara or even the hawaii.

Thanks guys, cant wait to dive with the sea lions with your help.

Long Beach has a few dive boats that will take you to the Channel Islands. The most common trip is to Catalina. Some of the boats like the Sundiver will allow you to stay on board the night before, so that might be more convenient.

Santa Barbara is home to Truth Aquatics, who runs three dive boats that go to the northern channel islands.

If you request to the captain that you'd like to see sea lions, it shouldn't be much of a problem to swim with a few from either location.

Also post in the SoCal section, they'll probably have better answers than us (we're about 300 miles north).

As far as directions, Google Maps rarely disappoints.

here is a list of california dive boats. California Dive Boats : The Official Page look at there scheduling and book a trip. santa barbara is one of my favorite islands. I was mugged at this island by sea lions returning to the boat with game. it was quite an experience. LOL. I was also inspected by a giant black sea bass. lots of octopus as well.

enjoy!!

long beach boats.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Name[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Captain[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Location[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Size[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Air Fills[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Galley[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Bunks[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Heads / Showers[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Special Features[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Phone[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Bottom Scratcher[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Greg Elliot[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Long Beach[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]63' long X 21' beam[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]3000 psi[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]seats 22[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]6 double, 15 single[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]2 / 1[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]tanks & weights supplied[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]714-963-4378[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Cee Ray[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Arnold[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Long Beach[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]3000 psi[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]seats 22[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]4 double, 27 single[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]1 / 3[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]562-867-9738[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Great Escape[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Tim Burke[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Long Beach[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]80' long X 25' beam[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]3200 psi[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]seats 30[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]14 double, 21 single, 6 staterooms[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]2 / 4[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]air conditioned bunk rooms, camera station[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]866-348-3262[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Island Time[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Chris Carter[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Long Beach[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]48' long X 16' beam[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]3000 psi[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]cont' bkfst, snacks, soda[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]none[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]1 / 1[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Al 80s provided[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]866-488-DIVE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Mambo[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Lou[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Long Beach[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]38' long X 14.5' beam[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]none[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]seats 6[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]4 single in 2 cabins, 2 double[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]1 / 2[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]6 pack[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]562-438-0062[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Sundiver[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Ray Arntz[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Long Beach[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]54' long X 17' beam[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]3000 psi[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]seats 16[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]11 double[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]2 / 2[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]tanks provided[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]800-555-9446[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Sundiver II[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Ray Arntz[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Long Beach[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]33' long X 9.5' beam[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]none[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]seats 4 inside, 6 under cover[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]1 V, 2 dbls, 1 sngl[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]1 / 1[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]tanks available[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]800-555-9446[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom