Santi 400g or DUI 450 Flex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard Santi's are cut differently than DUIs. Locally I see a ton of eSpace and TLS's, and almost every TLS I see fits better than the eSpace suits I've seen, even custom ones. I'm not sure if that has to do with the measuring, or cutting, but DUI has Santi beat there, from what I've seen in my area.

I've heard Santi's are cut differently than DUIs. Locally I see a ton of eSpace and TLS's, and almost every TLS I see fits better than the eSpace suits I've seen, even custom ones. I'm not sure if that has to do with the measuring, or cutting, but DUI has Santi beat there, from what I've seen in my area.

My eSpace fits pretty well. Not as well as my TLS350 ... but I'm not sure if that's because of how it was cut or how it was measured. Both suits were custom. Quality-wise, I'd give Santi pretty high marks. Got some apprehensions about service ... but I'll reserve judgement until my suit comes back from Florida ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My TLS350 was bone dry for about 4 years, with 600 or so dives, until it started to "get thin" and spring a leak as soon as you looked at it.

The new one is bone dry too. I do know a lot of people that are leaky in them though

what year did you buy your new one Nick?

tried a tls at ginnie last weekend. loved it till i got in the water. leaked like a sieve.
going to try a buddy's suit this weekend hopefully with better results because I'm going to be in the water a long time.

I'm trying to track down someone who's ordered a suit recently after the material change and so far I haven't been able to find anyone. :(

What do you want to know? I just got my 350 in November and it has been good. I had a two year old 450 and wanted a lighter suit. No complaints - I like it better so far. I am using DC rings on the zip seals. I ordered the suit with the Halcyon Explorer pockets placed 2" higher than DUI would normally place them and they are perfect.

John

what year did you buy your new one Nick?

tried a tls at ginnie last weekend. loved it till i got in the water. leaked like a sieve.
going to try a buddy's suit this weekend hopefully with better results because I'm going to be in the water a long time.

2010 for the new one, 2006 for the old one.

One of the ankle things fell off the turbo boots already, DUI sent size 11 boots DESPITE having a trace outline of my feet and all measurements, then sent back the correct size (9) but sent non-reinforced boots when I paid for re-inforced ones. I was too scared to send it back for a third pair of boots, in case they attached a third arm or something.

DUI service is terrible, they take 2-3 goes to get a suit correct, they send out things that dont make any sense whatever, and they are expensive for maintenance.

On the plus side they have Zip Seals. That is the ONLY thing keeping me at DUI, and that situation is slowly changing.

What do you want to know? I just got my 350 in November and it has been good. I had a two year old 450 and wanted a lighter suit. No complaints - I like it better so far. I am using DC rings on the zip seals. I ordered the suit with the Halcyon Explorer pockets placed 2" higher than DUI would normally place them and they are perfect.

John

is it dry, mostly :D

2010 for the new one, 2006 for the old one.

One of the ankle things fell off the turbo boots already, DUI sent size 11 boots DESPITE having a trace outline of my feet and all measurements, then sent back the correct size (9) but sent non-reinforced boots when I paid for re-inforced ones. I was too scared to send it back for a third pair of boots, in case they attached a third arm or something.

DUI service is terrible, they take 2-3 goes to get a suit correct, they send out things that dont make any sense whatever, and they are expensive for maintenance.

On the plus side they have Zip Seals. That is the ONLY thing keeping me at DUI, and that situation is slowly changing.

the zip seals thing is important as I'm probably getting a silicone neck seal.
I'm pretty confident Doug can get my suit right the first go around. haven't heard too many horror stories as far as that goes. maybe I'll have him tell them it's for jarrod :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom