Santi 400g or DUI 450 Flex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the zip seals thing is important as I'm probably getting a silicone neck seal.
I'm pretty confident Doug can get my suit right the first go around. haven't heard too many horror stories as far as that goes. maybe I'll have him tell them it's for jarrod :p

Yeah. The "other kinds of zip seals" just dont seem as good yet as the DUI sadly.
I have seen the Sitech wrists and I prefer the DUI, but i haven't yet seen the sitech neck system although i would like to check it out.

is it dry, mostly :D

Completely - so far... :D. And I hope it stays that way - water temps are around 38F right now.

My 450 was good too. Most leaks were self inflicted. The boots were starting to have wear spots after a little more than 200 dives. A little aquaseal and all was good again.

My question was unrelated to her generous help that I know she's been providing to your classes.

Hi Nick,

Generous help is a bit of an understatement...:) Her and Lamont have worked together to do great things in the Seattle area by building the community and working with people like Margaret and Owen, and many others. One of my recent students has been diving with Lamont and Laura for several months and he performed admirably in class. They provide logistical support, gear "lending" and also act as the catalyst for a whole group of divers to get together regularly and just plain have fun diving. I have been travelling down there regularly for the last few months and it is pretty cool to see how things are coming along. 2 make 4, 4 make 8, etc. Laura also provided a classroom setting as well as someplace for a visiting GUE instructor to stay...:) It is all one big family and in my view it is exactly what GUE is trying to create. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop when Lamont gives me a bill for brownies consumed....and even then....after 4 hours in 45 degree water one morning, my Ccard probably doesn't have a high enough limit for what I would have actually paid for them.... I probably would have paid $100 for the pizza Margaret brought one night also.....

Hope things are well in your neck of the woods. Nice calendar by the way. :)

Best,

Guy

its still in it's baby stages, and we stumble and go back to crawling as much as we walk, but its coming along :)

The neat thing we are seeing now is the return of some long time instructors who were disgusted by the watering down of diving education (the PADI-fication if you may), sick over the 2 week OW classes, totally burnt out on diving industry on a whole, taking a 'second look' and going "wow, this program is exactly what diving needed!", putting their money where their mouth is, and not only signing, but PASSING! Leading by example if you will...

The US-Canada combo community is going to be awesome i think :) Next we gotta rope Oregon and Idaho in :wink:

Hi Nick,

Generous help is a bit of an understatement...:) Her and Lamont have worked together to do great things in the Seattle area by building the community and working with people like Margaret and Owen, and many others. One of my recent students has been diving with Lamont and Laura for several months and he performed admirably in class. They provide logistical support, gear "lending" and also act as the catalyst for a whole group of divers to get together regularly and just plain have fun diving. I have been travelling down there regularly for the last few months and it is pretty cool to see how things are coming along. 2 make 4, 4 make 8, etc. Laura also provided a classroom setting as well as someplace for a visiting GUE instructor to stay...:) It is all one big family and in my view it is exactly what GUE is trying to create. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop when Lamont gives me a bill for brownies consumed....and even then....after 4 hours in 45 degree water one morning, my Ccard probably doesn't have a high enough limit for what I would have actually paid for them.... I probably would have paid $100 for the pizza Margaret brought one night also.....

Hope things are well in your neck of the woods. Nice calendar by the way. :)

Best,

Guy

Sounds awesome Guy !

Things are decent here but 2010 was the year of cruddy conditions for us. Maybe 2011 will be better.

I should be ordering my Santi tomorrow to have ready for when I start doing longer bottom times or greater exposures to the cold Monterey/Carmel waters.

I picked up a size Medium Santi 400 grams... I'm excited about trying it out... It will be in my doubles; so I wonder how much more weight I will require to pull through the dive?

I currently don't use a weight belt and I'm diving steel 100hp with an aluminum plate, also a 21 watt Halcyon HID...

I use to dive 4 lbs on the weight belt with a 300 gram Polartec undergarment and was told by my instructor I could remove; I did and it's been wonderful not having to dive a belt at all.

Do you guys think I will require that belt back to sink the extra 100 grams on this 400 gram suit?

Thanks,

MG

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom