SARS ruined my trip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it has finally happenned. They've been talking about cancelling the Taipei-Manado flight for some time now, since there are very few people on this flight. I'm surprised it took this long.

Pre-SARS, I took this flight with only about 30 people on board, 10 of which were travelling with us. It was not much better on the return.

The easiest way to get to Manado now is via Singapore on SIA and SilkAir. But you have to spend a night in Singapore both directions since the connections are no good. I did this before Garuda flew the nonstop, and all I can remember is that it took forever, and it cost quite a bit.

Yes All, I did get my refund. Thanks for all the concern.

This trip wasn’t a total failure for me, at least I got 2 days worth of diving to Similian Islands, but for those of you who resident in the affected SARS region area and are planning or going to dive in the Southeast Asia sometimes in the near future, be prepare for some harsh arbitrating by others. This was a new experience for me.

After I came back to the States, my employer giving me an additional week off with paid due to SARS, smirk.......

Tommer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom