SASS-Sapiens Against Silly Smilies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Before all you simpering homo sapiens start spitting silly smilies please consider the incipient damage that these insidious creatures pose to human discourse. {Sigh} I believe the end is near Cato, Plato, Aristotle, Oscar...the ability to draw forth emotion & the foibles of man with but the written or spoken word is perilously close to being lost forever.

To aid in their eradication, perhaps we need to begin identifying the most offensive, mind numbing smilie candidates and their perpetrators, sending them both to those deep, dark places with mere air for back gas where only the Men in Black dwell.

{This is when I put on the big flowing robes and white beard, and the T.V. camera zooms in} "Rise up my children and smote these abominations from our midst; those of you among us afflicted come forth and be held by the grace of the almighty verse ... and place your offering into our collection plate, Visa, Mastercard, Paypal accepted, operators are standing by.."

What can I say, my brain is on cruise control this afternoon, could it be snow blindness of the brain setting in, or smilie overload, or a clever means to fund this pricey habit called scuba diving...

Too bad...

:banana: :banana:

The end is near...don't be enticed by the Dark Side of Smiliedom. Brethern, we must act quickly...the heathens have already begun to worship the lower primates...

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
Please give me the name and address of your supplier.

I would like some of what you are on.

Thanks.

Take 36% EAN with liberal doses of 30 oF lake water, add current and plenty of snow, oh and I almost forget, apply in subzero temperatures - brain numbing madness will soon follow...

Surprise! I agree with tinman. I do not use them and I don't find them especially helpful in communications. They are silly. I enjoy humor, but silliness I don't enjoy. I will, however, defend your right to use them. While defending that right, I will try to talk you out of actually using them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom