Sat May 26th, WBP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Brian. I think I met you that day then. Were you with Clif a couple of weeks ago when you ran the line partially to the woodpile and turned around when you hit 800 PSI?

Yep, that was me. I was doing my first dives as a certified OW diver. I'm taking my Nitrox test at 7am Saturday morning... so hopefully I'll be strapping green and yellow tanks on my back when we dive. Need more bottom time!

I have rarely dove Nitrox, only when there wasn't air available, I get air free. I don't come close to NDL at 80, and have rarely done more than three dives in a day where I'd need to keep RNT down. When I go to Bonaire in July I'm planning 5-6 dives a day on average, so I'll be sucking it down then - can't beat free Nitrox!

I'm doing the Nitrox mainly because I can't stand being so tired after diving. I have 5 kids that just don't seem to understand that Daddy can't play right now because he needs a nap.

Yeah, I have heard the tiredness fable before. Opening that arguement is like the split vs paddle fins argument. :) Nitrox or not doesn't affect me in terms of tiredness, what does make a difference is how slowly I ascend from a deep dive and if I make a 1 minute deep stop. slow ascent = not tired.

Yay! My outlaws have decided not to come, I don't have to rush. I only have two tanks though :-( Is there somewhere close to WBP I can fill a tank on an SI?

Greetings all... it looks like I'm a go for Saturday morning as well. Looks like most are going to be new faces for me and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Last time I dove Lanier was 1/1/6. I'm not sure if I'll have one or two tanks with me though. I've got a LP95 ready to go at a minimum (the other would end up being an Al80 rental). I'll be in my 7mil FJ. I'll be driving a green mountaineer.

Brian (aka m7scuba)

Thanks FL! Maybe my ascents have been too quick. If you don't mind, maybe I could stick with you and copy your ascent. I haven't been doing a deep stop. Just the 3 min safety at 15 feet. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom