Saturday @ Breakwater, anyone up for it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, I am looking for a buddy for a Saturday dive at Breakwater.

Full disclosure, this is actually my first post-cert dive and unfortunately I don't have anyone to dive with as none of my friends are divers!

I'm not asking for a baby sitter nor do I expect one. I am as comfortable under water as I am above it from years of competitive swimming and by extension, free diving while we screwed around in the pool. I had absolutely no problems during my cert dives.

I just got all my gear from ST so I'm really eager to take it on it's maiden dive, so as an incentive lunch is on me for anyone willing to show me the ropes of the diving community out in Monterey!

Dive time should be pretty good as I don't suck down my air. During my OW dives I got ~60 minutes (2 dives) out of a LP85 (I think) and still had 800psi left in the end.

Hi, I'm busy this weekend, but next Sunday I'm available, if you're still looking. I'd be happy to go out exploring with you :)

Next Sunday would be awesome :) If I can get in two weekends in a row of diving, that'd be a great start!

Hey guys, I am looking for a buddy for a Saturday dive at Breakwater.

Full disclosure, this is actually my first post-cert dive and unfortunately I don't have anyone to dive with as none of my friends are divers!

I'm not asking for a baby sitter nor do I expect one. I am as comfortable under water as I am above it from years of competitive swimming and by extension, free diving while we screwed around in the pool. I had absolutely no problems during my cert dives.

I just got all my gear from ST so I'm really eager to take it on it's maiden dive, so as an incentive lunch is on me for anyone willing to show me the ropes of the diving community out in Monterey!

Dive time should be pretty good as I don't suck down my air. During my OW dives I got ~60 minutes (2 dives) out of a LP85 (I think) and still had 800psi left in the end.

Hey there,

I'm heading out to Monterey this Saturday for some diving and don't mind newly certified dive buddies. I'm from San Jose and maybe we can carpool down. PM your info & let's chat!

Ericson

OK Lenexia. Keep in touch. I'll check back in with you next week, you're in good hands with Ericson.

And welcome!!!! We love new divers who like cold water diving. You'll have a great time with Ericson. Wish I could join you two.

Thanks fisheater :)

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I had a chance to talk to Ericson last night and he was telling me about North Coast Divers. Perhaps sometime in the future we will get the chance to dive together.

So it's not really worth its own thread right now, but we had a great day in Monterey today! So here's my first dive report!

We arrived at Lover's Point #3 around 9am this morning, and the water was amazing! We got in around 10.15 and managed to get in 51 minutes of bottom time, the limiting factor being, of all things, me getting cold in my 7mm + 5mm hooded vest! HP100 had ~1200PSI at dive end. It was a brisk 52F at the bottom of Lover's 3 but we had a great ~10-15ft of vis. Max depth around 34ft

Afternoon we went to Breakwater and dove to the Metridium rocks by following the pipes out. Again, the water was nice and clear, though the surge did pick up slightly with the incoming tide! Max depth of 51 ft, ended HP100 with 900PSI

I want to thank Ericson for the awesome dive and for putting up with a greenhorn like me! He could've spent the day in South Monastery with a more experienced diver (as the conditions were apparently amazing there), but allowed me to get in a few experience dives!

Definitely still looking forward to next weekend if you're still up for it pacificgal!

Sure thing, Lenaxia. Name is Kristina, by the way :)
I had a great weekend diving too, I'll start my own thread so as not to hijack yours.

Back
Top Bottom