"Save a Dive" kit: minimum and maximum items ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

• Dry glove o-ring lubrication is critical to a good seal
  • Computer battery port covers
  • Camera housings
  • Rebreather fittings
  • Dive Light battery compartment o-rings
Just to name a few...

Thanks for the reply. Well I don't dive dry neither rebreathers so I can't comment on those but for the rest is grease really required?? Actually I avoid using it on things like my camera and torch (unless I am somewhere clear eg at home) because greased o-rings become a magnet to all sort of dirt. Anyway I think I got the point.

Thanks for the reply. Well I don't dive dry neither rebreathers so I can't comment on those but for the rest is grease really required?? Actually I avoid using it on things like my camera and torch (unless I am somewhere clear eg at home) because greased o-rings become a magnet to all sort of dirt. Anyway I think I got the point.

Compression or Static orings do not need grease, so yes just keep them clean.

Bayonet or Sliding orings that slip in to a fitting generally do need lubrication or they can twist or deform resulting in a leak. But then they are interior and sealed and generally can't get dirty. On many camera housings you have a static oring on the housing back, but the ports are bayonet and definitely need grease. My inon strobes have a battery compartment that need grease, etc.

Back
Top Bottom