Save-A-Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have:
Mask straps
Fin Straps
Picks (cheap ones and a good set of brass ones)
Extra HP and LP hoses
Extra set of gaugues
Extra Swivels for pressure gauges
O-rings (rubber and viton)
A set of tappet wrenches (nice and thin for swapping hoses)
Pliers, channel locks, screw drivers and various hand tools.
Wire ties, octo holders, mouth pieces and extra rubber bits.
A set of wrist seals and glue, brushes and solvent for replacing seals.
Pretty much every piece of extra gagetry I've ever take off something over the years.
Silcone lube
Band Aids, jelly fish sting stuff, sudafed and asprin.

cobaltbabe:
We have a save the dive truck. We carry enough gear to kit up at least 2 other divers. LOL We are so hard core. LOL

So what do you do? Grab a couple of passer-byes, gear 'em up and tell 'em,
"you're diving with us", damn, now that's hard core. :D

My Save-A-Dive bag has evolved into something like a regulator bag with lots of pouches -- a hanging toiletries bag? Anywho....

Side A
Mesh Pouch: mask strap, fin straps with buckles
Zippered Pouch: computer instruction book and zipties

Side B
Four Pockets containing ziplock bags of: O-rings for computer, tank; spare mouthpiece and zipties, snorkel keepers; heavy needle and nylon thread, bolt clips and quick clips; valve stem remover; first stage plugs.
Strapped in: multi-purpose tool, allen wrenches, crescent wrenches

Side C (has hanger strap)
Zippered Pouch: buddy line, extra parachute cord, extra wrist strap, marker pens
Zippered Pouch: pocket reef guides, Sea Gold, Swimmer's Ear, Bonine, Neosporin, clippers, silicone grease, anti-fog wax.

Extras added: 50 ft and 100 ft lines for dive flag, magnifying page, spare mask in box

Things we have actually used: Sea Gold, Swimmer's Ear, Bonine, Neosporin, zipties and clippers, dive flag lines, buddy lines, computer booklet, reef guides, clips, marker pens, extra cord. Richard has used the tools working on BC inflate valves.
All this started from a simple SAD cylinder!

Trisha... that is ALOT of stuff.... holy cow! Do you bring an extra buddy to carry the SAD kit?

As a new diver it would seem I have many new things to buy for a SAD kit. I bought one of the insta-kits from my LDS and it saved two dives. My mask strap broke before one dive while I was trying to attach my snorkel, and I had to replace the O-ring on a tank I rented.

After one of my dives I noticed the SPG had filled up with water. The little plug on the back fell out somehow. Brand new Genesis regs and spg. I took it to my LDS and they said they had never seen that happen to new gear. In any case, it was a warranty issue and it was repaired no problem. Has that ever happened to anyone, and should that plug be something to put in a SAD kit? Or is that a very unlikely occurance? Leave it to me to have this sort of stuff happen.

I added a strobe (the ones you can tie on your tank for a night dive) to tie onto anchor lines in case of extremely low visibility while wreck diving. The chem lights were no help in 4 feet of visibility in Lake Erie.

I have the standard parts and tools mentioned above as well as some pony tail elastics, snorkel keepers, octopus holder, large split-ring (key ring), tin of tiny mints (helps get rid of salt water taste), compact mirror and brush, weight belt buckle, clear packing tape (make my own computer screen protectors), large rubber band, extra pencils for slate as well as a pencil sharpener, safety pins, lip sunscreen, shop cloth, gear retractor and lanyard.

It's the little things that come in really handy :)
Ber :lilbunny:

BTW, you can scroll down to the bottom of this page and find "related links" that take you to SAD kit discussions :)

In addition to the standard SAD kit we bought at the LDS, we added extra o rings and a tire inflator. The tire inflator came in handy when we found out at the dive site our inner tube in our dive flag float was about flat.

My Save a Dive Kit contains:

Fin straps, O Rings, Mask Strap, Mouth piece, Mask Pins, Tie wraps, a spare pair of gloves, a hose clip, a first aid kit (it's all in one box), a big ole tub of vaseline :11: , A fish hook (Really handy little things), sewing kit, and a little travelling Buddha keyring for good luck!

Hope it helps

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom