Save the whaleshark capital of the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katrien

Registered
Reaction score
Dear diving and nature lovers,

I am writing you because I need your help for an important matter that lies very close to my heart.

A few years ago, I went on a holiday to one of the most beautiful and still pristine places on the globe.

Ningaloo reef in West-Australia is a refuge for whales, whale-sharks, manta-rays, endangered dugongs (manatee's), endangered turtles and numerous tropical fish.

It is also one of the last places on earth where the coral reef is still healthy.

Now the Australian government wants to build a huge holiday complex with a very large marina, smack in the middle of this marine paradise.

Needless to say that this initiative will irriversably destroy the environment for the marine life.

Please surf to the link mentioned below. You can watch the 5 minutes movie about the Ningaloo reef and then please sign the automated letter to the prime minister and prevent the realisation of this holiday complex.

All you have to do is add your name and email-address, filling in the other boxes or writing down your own comments is optional.

I also want to ensure you that you will not get spammed! This is a genuine rescue mission, not a sleazy way of getting email-information.

http://www.save-ningaloo.org/ I thank you very very much for your help!

Hi Katrien,

I also read your post on http://www.buddygezocht.nl/ and planned to copy and paste the link & translate your message to this forum!! I see you have just done that here! :)

I have dived in the Great Barrief Reef myself and I was so sad to see how so many divers ruin the corals, how fishes disappear because stupid tourists feed the fish or throw their cigarette buts over board!

I'm more than happy to sign that letter to the Australian Prime Minister! Thanks for posting about it!

Watersprite

I have taken action. Although I have not digned Ningaloo mysdelf I have dive buddies from the States and Europe who have and I've heard of its beauty. I hope to dive there in the next few years.

Dr. Bill

thanks for calling our attention to this!

sapphire

Hi

I worked in Ningaloo for about 3 months last year and I can honestly say the place is so unspoiled and pristine. It's a treasure; would be a shame for a big resort to go up there.

I actually was in a small group of protesters outside the town offices while the Premier of Western Australia Geoff Gallop was in there in a meeting. I shook his hand etc.

Back
Top Bottom