Suggestion Saving some bandwidth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Arnaud

Arnaud

Contributor
Reaction score
The exact same questions keep coming back day after day and the exact same answers each time are given.

A few come to mind:

How to do a weight check
What is a backplate?
Which undergarment to use with a drysuit?
What's a P-valve?

Etc.

Why not identify all of these very repetitive threads and have one of our respected members write a sticky post on each subject, just like Cave Diver did for DIR (http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=477188&postcount=1)

Obviously, anybody would still be free to ask more specific questions or discuss/object whatever they want (in accordance with the TOS, of course :biggrin:).

Sounds like a great idea... I can add any of these terms to our FAQ as well as a How To or Defenitions forum that could be created to accomedate these posts. How about we get a longer list going of the terms/ issues?

Using the "sticky" feature makes those posts more obvious, especially since they are in the relevant forum. No one is asking what DIR means anymore...

As to helping on the list, I'm happy to do it, but I may not have the time until Monday afternoon...

On the same wavelength, whats up with the same post in multiple forums? Why is this allowed? I think that the poster should pick one forum (the appropriate one) and stick with it. Over the last week or so, there have been a few like this...

LUBOLD8431:
On the same wavelength, whats up with the same post in multiple forums? Why is this allowed? I think that the poster should pick one forum (the appropriate one) and stick with it. Over the last week or so, there have been a few like this...
I think a week or so ago I counted no less than 6 simultaneous threads involving LeisurePro... Most of them just said "Leisurepro?"

K

Multiple posts by the same author has never been allowed, and we highly encourage the search function before you post. However, people are here to gab, and many times their fingers are faster then their brains. We once tried to "condense" a number of these types of threads and got quite an outcry from the board to stop.

People are funny about this... don't mess with their post, or else!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom