SB meet part 2.... TUWANEK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four of us from SB went out to Tuwanek today (Todd, Scott, Andrew, Dale) and did two dives (right and left Islets). Andrew and Scott led us to a Wolf Eel around the back of the right Islet. Vis was 30-40ft. It's pretty rare that I feel like I need more air but these dives had me wishing I had a bigger tank so I could stay down longer. It was my first trip to Tuwanek so thanks guys for popping my cherry in such a splendid fashion :D

It was certainly a good day diving, and I was happy to see that the forecast of heavy rain/snow didn't come true. It seems I don't have the same x-ray vision as you as I would estimate vis at maybe 20', with possibly a short stint of 25' at the deepest portion of dive #2. Of course I didn't bring my tape measure :), so who knows. It certainly wasn't the stellar vis that Tuwanek is known for, nor was it the "night" dive in full sunlight like the last time I was there.

Well, after confering with Todd today I have to say your estimate seems a little more realistic. I will chaulk my zeal up to having spent a little too much time in 5' vis. lately.
My wife has commented before that I tend to exaggerate the length of things :shocked2:

Shouldn't be to much longer before vis is excellent in the inlet. For those interested, Shrek and Donkey are now standing directly on top of the shallow wolf eels den. We also ran a line to the deeper den. On our next visit I may continue the line around the point and end it at a good spot to start the underwater crossing. Or if its looking like trash I may clean up after myself.

Shouldn't be to much longer before vis is excellent in the inlet. For those interested, Shrek and Donkey are now standing directly on top of the shallow wolf eels den. We also ran a line to the deeper den. On our next visit I may continue the line around the point and end it at a good spot to start the underwater crossing. Or if its looking like trash I may clean up after myself.

Where is this Andrew? Or is this Tuwanek?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom