• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

SC Divers?

Discussion in 'South Eastern United States' started by Slvrfox85, May 5, 2018.

1. Slvrfox85

Slvrfox85 Garibaldi

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I've been looking through the boards to see if thereare any divers in SC, particularly around the Columbia area. I've searched and most results are only from others talking about driving in SC, not that they are from SC.

I'm becoming certified the middle of this month and know no one that dives. I'd like to do more dives other than chartered events so a dive buddy would be a must until I gain enough experience and possibly one day become a solo diver.

2. Saniflush

Saniflush ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Be patient. Going through your open water course will open an initial door to meeting people who dive. Don't be afraid to ask your instructor(s) or dive masters if there are clubs or groups that they themselves are members of or would recommend.
    I myself are in the Atlanta area and we head to the redneck riviera (gulf coast) usually at least once a month to get some diving in.

3. jetdrvr22

jetdrvr22 Solo Diver

Contact www.scubajohns.com, located in the Columbia area. A big promoter of local diving. Only dive shop in the midlands (Columbia area) that runs dive charters in Lake Murray and Offshore SC.

I am one of the biggest promoters of local diving and have been exploring Lake Murray more than anyone. The local news even did a special on myself and Scuba John on all the historical discoveries we've made in Lake Murray. Divers Find Lost Towns Under Lake Murray We dive year round, not seasonal like the other shops. Check out my youtube channel and come join us on some great local diving! www.youtube.com/southcarolinascubadiving

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  4. Ghost Diver #

Ghost Diver # ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I'm located in NC, just north of charlotte, I love the lakes in SC. Message me and maybe we can make something work!

5. TONY CHANEY

TONY CHANEY Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Same here! I am located in the Charlotte area and dive lake Jocassee, NCPDRA sites and the Cooper river. We are planning a trip to the Cooper real soon, so hit me up if you are interested.
    Jetdrvr22, I would love a dive together with a guide. I’ll buy lunch...and a beer or two. PM me.

6. tbone1004

tbone1004 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I'm up in Greenville. If you're down in Cola though, John Baker is the one to get a hold of

jetdrvr22 likes this.
  7. Jason m merchant

Jason m merchant Garibaldi

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I'm in Spartanburg been out of diving for a while just got back into with EMS . Hit me up sometime, I have a boat and just a little over a hour to Jocassee. Tony Chaney I would love to dive cooper river let me know when yall are going wouldn't mind tagging along for a trip. Have boat will travel!

8. houdini0118

houdini0118 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I am also in the charlotte area and dive anything and everything from jocasse up to lake hicory area almost everyweekend. Feel free to leave me a message and we can figure something out.

9. Slownsteady

Slownsteady Garibaldi

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I'm in the Clemson area and been diving lake Jocassee
    Im fairly new to the sport but older in age and love to dive.

tbone1004 likes this.
  10. GreyDyvr

GreyDyvr Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Another South Carolinian here. Just got back into diving and looking for some buddies too. Im near Rock Hill. Just became a member of PDRA quarry and have a few dives there so far. I’m usually ready to go at a moments notice if I’m not traveling for work. Let’s go!