Scary OW certification weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In PADI confined water or open water dives, the air is not turned off during CESAs.

I'd wondered about this as well, not remembering having done that.

Just an air-off while kneeling at the pool bottom. It was interesting feeling the tank get shut off yet still having two breaths remaining in the system (at 12 feet).

I just wanted to say that im appealing to scuba board to have my posting removed. So far my requests have been denied. I really wish this thread of mine would just disappear, but it dosent appear that it will. I dont feel that my instructors ever put me in harms way, and i feel now i was maybe a bit over dramatic in my recollection of the whole thing. After going to Er i was found to be in ok shape. I really regret sharing my story on this board. I had no idea all the trouble it would cause! It has created alot of problems for me, and the company i took my O.W. class through. I had no idea sharing my story could have such a negative impact on so many people,create so many hard feelings, and do so much damage to the reputation of a good local business. I am trying my best to smoothe things over now, and mend damaged relationships and reputations. I just want to put all this behind me, and be able to dive again! This is the last time i wish to discuss this matter. Hopefully after this, everyone will just let it go and i can finally move on.

Hopefully you have learned a couple of other lessons to:

1) If your story is 100% true, that you have leared that we here at Scubaboard (I may or may not speak for everyone) care about our fellow divers, and that your well being is more important than the reputation of a negligent shop/instructor.

OR

2) If your story is not entirly true and that you "may have been a bit over dramatic"/trolling, as you put it, you have learned that we are a prety smart bunch and will call you on it.

Last edited:
I'd wondered about this as well, not remembering having done that.

Just an air-off while kneeling at the pool bottom. It was interesting feeling the tank get shut off yet still having two breaths remaining in the system (at 12 feet).

This is the only time I remember the air being shut off as well. In a pool, completely controlled environment, just to see what a low air issue would feel like on a reg. The CESA simulation, as far as I can recall was done with the air on the entire time, in case we needed it, with the instructor surfacing next to us to monitor and make sure we were exhaling the entire time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom