SciFi You Would Like To See On Screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
We now have many decades of scifi/fantasy writing on the shevles, lots of great stuff that has potential to be on screen.

being a Heinlein fan, there are quite a few of his books I'd like to see. Red Planet should be possible to do well. So should Tunnel In The Sky. I think Stranger In A Strange Land and The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress both would be hard to make into a movie, but it may be possible to do them justice if handled as mini-series.

They did "I, Robot" from Asimov & while they changed up the story some it was a decent movie. More of the Robot books might be possible.

Pournelle's Footfall would be mini-series material.

There is so much already written that could make good shows they could stay busy for a long time without ever having a new idea.

so what's bubbling around in the back that you'd like to see?

Ender's Game is another that I think could be done as a movie. It was origionally a very short story in Analog. Somewhere between that & the full book is a kickazz movie just waiting to be made.

Piper's "Little Fuzzy" immediately came to mind. People would probably think it was a rip off of Lucas and the Ewoks instead of the other way around.

Not pure Science Fiction, but:

The Amber series by Roger Zelazny

The Well World series by Jack L. Chalker

Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan

Of course all of these series are just that, and would be very difficult to translate on screen in any entirety, but all of them could be done from a special effects standpoint, and certainly the first book in any of these series would IMO make for an entertaining movie.

Heck, I'd just like Jordan to finish the damn series!

wardric:
Not purely sci-fi but anyway:

Michael Moorcock's Elric serie
Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar serie (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser)

Yeah!!!!!! An Albino Warrior. With todays computer special effects, I can see Stormbringer drinking souls at this moment.

The Lensman
Ring World
Thomas Covenant series (actually fantasy)
:D

Wayward, you have excellent taste in science fiction.

I had forgotten about Footfall until you mentioned it, but when I originally read it, I thought it would make a cool movie.

Ender's Game is being made into a movie - it's scheduled to come out in 2008. I hope they leave it at that, the rest of the books in the series just weren't quite as good.

There are several books in Niven's Ringworld series that would make a good movie.

I would LOVE to see Juilian May's The Many Colored Land made into a miniseries...or any of her Galactic Milieu books, really.

Back
Top Bottom