SciFi You Would Like To See On Screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
Heck, I'd just like Jordan to finish the damn series!

He is a very, very sick man. If all goes well, maybe next (MoL) one out in 2009 - if he survives that long....(and hoping he does!)
-j-

Cherryh's Morgaine series would make a fascinating movie, and the special effects wouldn't be that extensive. Appeal would be too limited, though, I suspect.

Hamiltone's Neutronium Alchemist series would be good space opera, and the special effects would be quite doable, I think.

Most of the really thought-provoking and creative sf wouldn't lend itself to the big screen, or wouldn't have enough appeal.

I think the other Ender books were quite good, but they wouldn't make good movies. They work in a different way than the 1st one did.

Not really sci-fi but I'd like to see Glen Cook's Garrett PI books made into a movie, interesting mix of mystery and fantasy type stuff.

Brin's Uplift series as well as The Practice Efffect
Dickson's Dorsai series
Harrison's Deathworld series

josh_ingu:
He is a very, very sick man. If all goes well, maybe next (MoL) one out in 2009 - if he survives that long....(and hoping he does!)
-j-

I know he has amyloidosis (rare blood disease). That sucks, and in 2006 when he was diagnosed the average life expectancy was 4 years for those that are unfortunate enough to have this VERY rare disease.

I have enjoyed his books immensely, but stopped reading after the 8~9th because there was no end in site, and I decided I'd re-read the series top to bottom when it was finished. Now I only hope that he can somehow beat this disease and be around to not only finish this series, but a couple others as well! :D

a (good) Doc Savage movie would be interesting

another Conan movie but more like the first so it could help us forget the second :wink:

I think Glory Road, Farmer In The Sky and Time For The Stars could reasonably be made into movies.

There are a lot of short stories that could serve as the basis for a more complete movie length story. Some of Heinleins & Cards come to mind. Cards collection Unacompanied Sonata has potential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom