Scoot carryon out of SIN - Strict?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not seeing me getting below 22 lbs with a camera. Have a small backpack and small roller. How strict are they at weighing or does it just depend on the day

And if overweight is it simply a matter of & (cuz if so who cares) ?

Can't speak specifically to SIN, but splitting weight between backpack and roller is a good start. However, if the flight is full and you are travelling coach/economy - and do not have loyalty program that gets you in higher zone for boarding - you may be targeted to check your roller. While getting dinged for a few extra $ can be irritating it is probably not the worst outcome....

24 of us flew last month SIN-Manado on Scoot, and returned a couple do weeks later. No one had their carry-ons weighed, or even counted. and from looking at what people were bringing on the published guidelines seemed irrelvant.

Flying out of SIN requires the security check at the gate for X-ray etc., and it's fairly relaxed if they see you are carrying camera gear etc.

My backpack with cameras and lenses as well as a laptop along with a small roller bag with housings and strobes comes to 25Kg and I wasn't stopped boarding my Scoot flight to MDC last year or my return journey from DPS back to SIN. Even my packed LionAir flight from MDC to DPS was fine.

Back
Top Bottom