Scooter charging causes motel fire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigHarryDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yikes!

Any of this inside, batteries and charging business should include a long extension cord and someone elses motel room.

My canister light formerly slept in a spare bedroom's closet. My garage is it's new home after reading about this incident a few days ago...

I am not sure how you could do $8K in damage to one of those rooms. :idk:
Is it a little seedy? For $40/night, I'd want a smoke alarm!

streetviewz.jpg

My canister light formerly slept in a spare bedroom's closet. My garage is it's new home after reading about this incident a few days ago...
This fire was started in the garage by a cordless drill battery charging in the middle of the night. The dog started barking and woke them up. They lost a nice rock crawler in the garage too.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 256
  • Tahoe and Boat.jpg
    Tahoe and Boat.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 267
Is it a little seedy? For $40/night, I'd want a smoke alarm!

streetviewz.jpg

During my fundies class last December in High Springs I checked into the Quality Inn near I-75 which was disgusting then left in a few hours and checked into the High Springs Inn next to the owner's unit with smells of curry wafting in my room along with much highway noise (SR441). The major highway is approximately 40ft from the front of the motel...

After checking out the next morning with virtually no sleep I did my own investigating and discovered a nearly new, modern & very clean Best Western Gateway Grand 10min south in North Gainesville. Problem solved...

Gainesville Hotel| Best Western Gateway Grand| Gainesville, Florida

This fire was started in the garage by a cordless drill battery charging in the middle of the night. The dog started barking and woke them up. They lost a nice rock crawler in the garage too.

Was that the sealed canister LM explosion? Although still at risk in my garage, I am safer with that location as compared to the bedroom next to mine...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom