Scored a sweet pair of double 50's today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmer fudd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Steel 50's at that. 1975 ScubaPro tanks with a very heavy, almost rubberized black finish on the outside. They had a few chips and scratches, but overall are in impressive condition. Last hydro was done in '91 and the last vis in 96. The J-valve still works and the chrome on it is pretty good too. Inside there is some flash rust, but I think they will tumble out nice.

I got an old Waterlung Navy Sport-Diver regulator that seems to work, as well as a Scubapro backpack and what looks to be about a 60 lb. wing from the mid 70's. Then was also a weight belt with 29 lbs of hard weights on it.

The guy was asking $100 for everything and I didn't bother dickering or removing the tank boots or anything. I just bought it on site. Later on when I was removing the boots and the bands and inspecting the insides I kept expecting to find something bad, and I never did.

Now I'll have to take them in and get them hydroed, but I'm guessing I'll be diving these things in about a week.

Right place right time nice score! How about some pix.

Good deal! Congrats, Elmer! Let's have some pics!

Give me a day or two on the pics. I ate something yesterday that really didn't agree with me and I've barely been able to get out of bed.

Awesome!
Awaiting picts.

Tank pics.

So here are the pics. The tanks are in getting hydroed and tumbled right now. 2015 psi steel LP50's. The DAAM is an e-bay reg I picked up the other day. It's pretty darn nice outside and immaculate on the inside but the intake hose has a small impact type hole in it right by the output tube. I think it happened during shipping as USPS had done their best to destroy it. The box was mangled, but the reg inside was apparently undamaged except for that one tiny hole in the hose.

Doubles & stuff 1.jpg

doubles & stuff 2.jpg

doubles & stuff 3.jpg

doubles & stuff 4.jpg

Warning! These are some big pics. I'll try to resize them later.

Elmer,

Beautiful set of doubles. Of course that DAAM was irreparably damaged in shipping, and if you dive it, it'll kill you. My suggestion is to pm me, so that I can send you my address. Once you send me that round label I shall properly dispose of it, as it is a dangerous menace.:D:wink::eyebrow:

BTW - my favorite DAAM / RAM is the 1970 - 1973 round label version. Classic Chrome, just like it should be.

I'm probably going to convert that DAAM to a PRAM. I've got a RAM already that's in great condition and I kind of bought this one as a project. I figure I'll keep the original as a minimalist rig, with nothing extra attached and I'll set that DAAM up with all the hoses and everything that a modern diving buddy will expect me to have. I'll probably even get a DIN fitting for it.

The DAAM to PRAM is like the hotrod of double hoses. I've got one myself, and it is my favorite dh for diving.

"Well she's a high steppin' Hemi with a four on the floor, she's a Roadrunner engine in a '32 Ford."

- Bruce Springsteen's Ramrod

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom